February 20, 2010

I'm a tiny dot on a paper.

I’m not a person with inborn singing talent as my singing skills are considered average, I don’t find a specialty in my voice. I barely have confidence in myself regardless of the compliments I've received.

Last time, I used to think that having a good vocal meant a person’s ability to deliver a song completely, but time has proven me wrong because singing meant much more than that to me nowadays.For now,I'll spend more time thinking how to perfect the high pitch to make it sound richer, meanwhile catching the appropriate time to pause in between verses, or even learning the correct way to breathe when I sing. Those are the blanks I need to fill in.

I’ve been searching for my voice for the past few years, tried out different singing methods to establish a stronger vocal and singing style which suits me the best. I like to sing, but it doesn’t mean that I have to perform on stage all the time. Becoming a celebrity is not my dream, what I’m looking for is enhancing my skills when I know I can do better than this. It’s more about gaining personal confidence to me, it’s more about singing my heart out for my buddies.

Some people asked me to join singing competition, just like how they encouraged me to join beauty pageant contests, but I’m still not convinced even until now. I sure know my strength well enough to understand the fact that I’m not up to that level, so don’t dream so big. Thus, just leave the task for someone else who’s better.

I’m still a tiny dot on a piece of white paper, there’s so much more for me to embrace and conquer.

No comments:

Post a Comment