February 23, 2010

My encounter with Quatchi

028
I’ve been hanging out at different parts of Downtown very frequently within these 2 weeks. It’s so frequent that I can almost call Downtown as my second home in Vancouver.

Even though I’ve been there for so many times, there are still things which I’ve missed out on my previous outings because abundant events and performances are happening simultaneously. So, it’s kind of like my luck to see which performance I bump into for the day.

Yesterday, I saw Quatchi (also Sumi & Miga) !!!!Quatchi is my favourite mascot among all the Vancouver Olympics mascots. On the first sight, you may think that Quatchi looks so plump, but you’ll regret by having that thought later. Don’t underestimate Quatchi’s ability to skate despite of its size, because it can skate skilfully and shake its butt while skating.

020
Why do I like Quatchi the most?

Quatchi reminds me of Pooh-cute and cuddly. I’ve always preferred those animated characters which are bigger in size, look fluffy and huggable, as if it makes you feel so warm when you hug them. Come to think of it, that makes sense because people usually like those things which can keep them warm and secured, how can a tiny bear give you that sense of security when you hug it?

I’ll sum up yesterday as a good day with great people.

Thanks to Isis and Wayne, I got a free bear which has the same colour as Quatchi! Yay!

013