February 11, 2010

Olympic Torch Relay in UBC!!

IMG_9638
Halo people!

I’m back again after dealing with 3 midterms. So, I’m pretty much anticipating for the long-awaited Vancouver Winter Olympic Games 2010.

And guess what, the torch finally arrived UBC today! Tell me, how could I miss it?

OF COURSE NOT, NO WAY!!
CANNOT, TAK BOLEH, BU KE YI, NG HO YI,NG DEK, DAME DESU.

Although it was pouring rain, but nothing could stop me.So my friends and I started waiting since 3+ p.m, all the way till 6 p.m when the athlete finally began his journey and ran the torch along the torch relay route which was planned prior to this.



The wait was definitely worth it because I've never seen a huge crowd at UBC after 7p.m. It sparked up some lights on a Thursday night in UBC.

IMG_9702
Living in Vancouver for almost two years, I feel like I’m on the same boat as the Canadians for the first time for being excited over the Olympic games. Frankly, I don’t watch winter games at all, but I’m just feeling special that I’m in the host country for an Olympic event for the first time, and probably the only time in my life. The transformation of Vancouver in terms of infrastructure(especially public transportation) is witnessed, and these changes keep knocking my head that something big and exciting is going to happen in the city.It makes me start wondering how spectacular is it going to be after throwing chunks of money on it.

IMG_9640

I even applied for the volunteering job, partly to gain the rare experience, besides being obsessed with the superb nice turquoise jacket the volunteers get. =( Unfortunately I was not offered a job.



The uniforms are so nice okay!! Those volunteers who wander around the campus everyday make me feel so jealous.

IMG_9705
I got some freebies today, although there’re of not much use, I was just too excited to join in the crowd.

My biggest reward of the day was the tattoo on my left hand!!!And it was totally free.
IMG_9661

Reading break will start from 13th February. One thing I’m sure of is that I’ll turn it into an eventful Olympic break and update you guys on Olympics as much as possible. I’ll ensure that my 2-week break will not go into waste and every second of it is filled with air of excitement, contentment, and happiness.


So, stay tuned guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment