February 16, 2010

A month of new year and love.

cny 10

2010 is the first time I celebrate Chinese New Year in Vancouver. It’s not because that I’m new here, but we are all fortunate enough to be blessed with a break since CNY coincides with Olympic break. If not, I guess it won’t be possible for me to dig out some time from mugging since mid-term’s peak session usually occurs at this time of the year.

To spend the break “wisely”, I played really hard for the first few days, till I’m so so sleep deprived. But hey, isn’t that’s how CNY supposed to be?

I've done almost everything which comes to my mind for CNY celebration, CNY dinner, card games, and not to forget the yummylicious foods and drinks. The only distinct difference was that I spent Chor Yat (First day of CNY) with my friends, instead of my family. I think, February is a good start to a year of prosperity, health, and peace, and wash down those miserable and awkward pauses in these few months.

Happy New Year!

cny 11

This year’s CNY also coincides with Valentine’s day. A little different from last year, my friends and I, all the single ladies went out to join the Olympics fever. Lots of events and live performances are available in conjunction with the winter Olympics,which is really worth taking some time out to visit several places and snap pictures "unstoppably".We had a fun day out, while being amazed by the currently doubled Vancouver’s population due to the insane inflow of tourists. I’m still amazed by the fact that I had to queue just to enter the Canada Line’s station in Downtown last night.

My friend gave me Valentine’s chocolate this year.I realized that there's a significant difference on Valentine’s in Vancouver as compared to my time in Malaysia-I go out with my friends on Valentine’s every year, and we treat it as a normal outing day, but we’ll still buy Valentine’s chocolate to each other. It may sound a little peculiar, but I always enjoy the comfort when I’m out with my close friends truthfully.

Speaking about Valentine’s , I guess you guys will be so bored of listening to my relationship status update because it can hardly change, to an extent that I’m also bored to mention it already. Perhaps, what you guys want to hear the most from me would be my blissful and happy life.

And I have that in my pocket now.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment