December 19, 2010

2010 is the year (12)

34987_427135777200_556607200_5140811_2313523_n

2010 is the year, I truly feel satisfied with my current life.

Achieving a balance in life is like hitting another milestone in life, it will only go for the better, not worse. I've always wanted to be grateful for every single day that I’m blessed with, every second spent with my family, every opportunity to witness the growth of my niece and nephews, every learning opportunity in Vancouver, as well as the yearly summer vacations with BFFs. I hoped I could truly feel the gratitude of waking up every morning and inhaling the gratitude for being alive. Because staying alive is a God’s gift, not merely a personal choice.

I spent months and months of self-discovery to accomplish this stage in my life, I worked very hard to improve the quality of my life psychologically. I read, travel, mingle with various friends, learn new languages, earn and save money, date, and everything else I could do in making my life exuberant. What I needed was just a kick to start-off these things and keep up with my motivation, and I’m glad that I found it this year. To me, no one deserves to be in the worst state of life, but one thing we need to accept about life is that life quality will only come after a significant amount of self effort. One must learn to rescue himself and accept the truth from every fall, if one doesn't find the rope to climb out of the hole, he can only be trapped forever.

At this moment of life, I truly understand the meaning of giving and taking, and I don’t force myself to forget about those stressful events but I allow time to wash them away. I’ve also learned to accept the beautiful imperfections which complement the cycle of my life, that it’s normal if things don’t go your way sometimes, just deal with them and move on to the next stage.I understand the consequences of every move I make, so much that the realm of my life involves a lot of decisions making. If I don’t let go some, I won’t gain more from the other aspects. Like my sis says, I too, began to see the half-filled glass instead of focusing on the other half which was empty. I thank God for all the angels sent to me and most importantly, the angel that lies in me all the time, to help me through when I felt completely miserable in my life. I thank myself for slapping myself for reality, to remind myself that it’s time to wake up for another new start of the day. Without the support and self-perseverance, I had no idea where in the jungle would I be in, for now.

2010 is a fruitful year to me. Thank God, thanks to everyone, thanks to myself, I felt loved and there I persevered.