December 07, 2010

2010 is the year (6)

34987_427135777200_556607200_5140811_2313523_n

2010 is the year, I have a better understanding on the up and downside of life.

One of my close friends was recovered from Hodgkin's lymphoma earlier this year, and she could finally liberate herself from the various scanning processes and chemotherapies she had to bear with last year. It was nothing more than a great sense of relief when I received this news because her courage and determination to go through this tough stage at a young age was tremendous in order to put up with the pain and prolonged mental stress. She always admires friends like me who gets an opportunity to continue with my tertiary education at overseas as it would be a lifetime inspiring experience.

But friend, you are much more amazing and courageous than anyone of us here, you have a better grasp on life after the near-to-death experience. You truly earn my salute and appreciate on your perseverance to defend the tough battle, which may be a positive turnover for you to realize the never-ending support from your family, and lastly, the subconscious strength in you. You are one inspiring heroin to me.

2010 is also the year, my dad is diagnosed as an early cancer patient. This striking news came to me a week before my birthday, and it is beyond the pain of words of mouth to hear about this, especially when I am not beside him to gear my full support for him.At one point, I truly feel the melancholy side of life in giving and taking things, so much that I can collapse in front of anybody once I hear the word ‘dad’.

But I’m the hero’s daughter, sinking myself in a deep depression for a prolonged period is my last resort. Therefore, I am doing my best in every part of my life, because I want him to share my proudest moment with me, in hope that he'll breathe in the pride, love, and most importantly,strength within it.

Please get well soon, my hero, and give me a chance to retreat you as much as I can.