March 30, 2011

March Part (I)

34987_427135777200_556607200_5140811_2313523_n
Eu: I wanna become Batman!
Me: Ehhh good idea, I want that too!! ( started opening up my sweater widely)!
Eu: Weih, who's going to take photo if both of us were batmen?
Me: Hmm true also....*slowly buttoning up my sweater again, sob*

So that's the story of the Batman and......a photgrapher.

Anyway, March is another lovely and slightly sunny month to me. I finally forked out some time for a Stanley Park walk with Eu last Saturday. Eu and I have been housemates for almost 2 years now, and there isn’t any side of mine that she has not seen before, that obviously includes my nocturnal bruxism, occasional blurness as well as my super messy look after sleep. I think exposing the ugliest side of ours to each other is what our friendship is truly about, as these imperfections make our bonds more beautiful naturally.

She is graduating this year and I’m really happy to see her completing the first stage of her life. Although that will also mark the official end of our experience of living together, I think we’ve done a great job in making our unit as homely as we could in these 2 years, and I haven’t been having this sense of security for quite a while since first year.

Thank you for instilling all the good habits in me all these while, I’m pretty sure that there’ll still be a minor reflection of you in me even when we’re apart. This is how I appreciate our friendship, within the heart and beyond the distance. Happy graduating my friend!


34987_427135777200_556607200_5140811_2313523_n

I’ve spent a significant amount of time immersing myself into music composition recently. The ability of writing 3 songs in 2 weeks has shed a light on me for my writing potential. If I count describe my current life in words, it would be the kind of life where I have a pencil and paper beside me all the time for me to jog down all my thoughts , even before I sleep, as that's actually the peak time of my musical inspiration! I believe this is a good start for me after 10 years, and it gives me a great push to sharpen my technical skills musically. That is definitely going to be my tentative plan this summer- more time on piano and guitar.

It’s funny how composing music is leading a domino effect in me because I’ve recently found a better way to develop my singing skills. I’m not a skilful singer, but I’ve figured out an appropriate breathing method to deliver my voice for songs that I once thought they did not suit my range. It feels like something dawned on me and I’m getting an insight of singing from my own perspective in a sudden.

Maybe, confidence really makes things work miraculously.

34987_427135777200_556607200_5140811_2313523_n

March is a month with moderate workload, considering the fact that I’m used to the life of submitting weekly assignments, and so life which consists of a consistent workload is not problematic to me anymore. I’m doing my best to divert stress into positive energy flow and let the strength encourages me in the long run. Seeking for strength is always part of the mission in my life because that is the just the foundation of life, as most of the bigger things usually start out with the strength and determination to make them attainable.

p/s: I think I’m getting better at creating cheat sheets because I can freely adjust my font size with a consistent flow nowadays.