March 13, 2011

Be smart, be patient, and be humble

34987_427135777200_556607200_5140811_2313523_n

From up to bottom, left to right:
1. Unagi rice 2. Ton Katsu Carbonara 3. Pineapple tarts 4.Potato pancakes with Bolognese sauce

The above recipes are the new things I’ve learned/invented in these two months, and I’m getting more and more satisfied with myself in cooking. Eu says I’m a 99% woman for now with all the skills I’m equipped, and that 1% flaw derives from my sewing skills because I’m still very bad at it, no jokes on that!! Sometimes, I’ve to re-sew my sweater twice because they’re loosely attached even after sewing.

I'm always thankful for the opportunity to study abroad in exchange for all of the aforementioned skills.Studying abroad is really a golden opportunity in my life as it brings out the best in me and expands the possibilities that I never thought I would have achieved. It’s only till then that I’ve learned to be an independent person and do my best in sharpening all of my skills to better myself. Ultimately, I’ve picked up an important lesson about victory along the journey- not to be the cream of the crops among the others but consistently challenging myself for what I aim for. I believe that’s the attitude which leads me to a happy path because I feel happy when I achieve my goals , and I’m barely upset when someone overtakes me or criticizes me for who I am. I prefer making the silent move by proving myself through excellent performances, as that’s the way I evaluate myself but not a benchmark for more people to attack on.

Just be smart, be patient and be humble! Do not allow your mouth to do the evil but let your performance do the justice. Give time time as it will prove yourself the best.