March 05, 2011

Learn how the world rules before you rule your own world

My friend and I had a good chat on the bad quality some people possess which causes her to lose respect on them. She hates pessimistic people who complain about their own weaknesses frequently and never really bother to make a change. She says, these people pre-conclude things and do not really make an effort to try, so how will their world be better without a change? To her, that's a sign of not having adequate self-love in someone, and thus he/she does not fight for what he/she wants the most, thus they continuously hide at the corner and poke finger.

Well, I can agree no more with her, I think it’s important to stop ranting about the desperado and see things pessimistically. Things won’t change without a change in attitude, even if you’ve figured out the root of the problem, things won’t change without a change in attitude. Instead of losing my temper on these people, I’m losing respect to people who deny their responsibility and go on with their life like they play no part in their responsibility. I find no mercy in people who make up things with very ridiculous reasons, as I consider myself as a forgiving person who’ll let go things if I see an effort in you to patch things up, but never treat me like a 3-year-old kid who accepts all kinds of lame excuses.

It’s only until last term that I find these people hard to be understood and compromised, because I do not know the best solution to deal with their bluntness. They know their mistakes, and they tell you their mistakes straight off the face, but they never apologize, neither will they make an effort to change them. I really don’t mind people making mistakes, but I’m more concerned with the lesson learned from the mistakes as well as their solution to the problem. However, things become so absurd sometimes that I start questioning myself, what do they want from me seriously?

We are all humans, thus making mistakes are unavoidable.However, what matters most is how you change your attitude to avoid making consistent mistakes in future. Don’t expect people to return you the favor without you doing your part responsibly in the first place, just like how you coordinate both legs to walk instead of one, right? Please learn the principles on how this world rules before you rule your own world, as we all are merely a subunit of the universe.