April 10, 2010

Snowboarding

070

I went snowboarding in Whistler with my friends during Easter break.

076

I think most of you can foresee what’ll happen on a first timer in snowboarding. Indeed, I was so prepared for that to happen too because falling down is just so unavoidable for a newbie like me.

First time snowboarding= muscle ache+ blue black

086
Found a substitute for Bear Bear Young. * Bear bear young, come and join your buddy eh, looks like he’s promoting your Nam Wah Pai.*

Apparently, the first thing I learnt was digging my snowboard into the snow to control my speed.Then I learnt how to switch direction by shifting my force onto one side of the legs. It became smoother and smoother after some practices (still a lot of falling down at this stage, but it was getting better than before). I actually got the idea but my biggest failure was acrophobia. I seemed to freak myself out whenever I saw the steep slope, and I would automatically fall down on my own even if I could go on. I actually convinced myself to fall down.

OS: OKAY, IT WAS GETTING FASTER AND FASTER AND THE SLOPE WAS STEEP, I BETTER FALL DOWN FIRST.

EPIC FAIL MAN.

The lucky thing was I got someone to teach me and hold me face to face. My friend taught me patiently and accompanied me down the slope. I can thank him no more for sacrificing his fun snowboarding time for a noob like me.

101

Although Eu said I was considered ok for a first timer, I definitely still have a long way to go in becoming a decent snowboarder with better pose ( although my snowboard hit her once, hahahaha).

Blame my butt which kissed the snow too much, I suffered from severe muscle aches all over my body on the next day. I was dragging my body to lectures dreadfully, it was so painful that I claimed myself as a ‘half-disabled person’ for one day.

However, I have to admit that snowboarding is way more fun than skiing. I actually enjoyed my trip despite of the uncountable falls. Also, the weather was not as cold as I expected, which made my snowboarding trip a smooth and comfortable one.

I’ll surely become a good snowboarder one day. *feels shy to say pro*, so JUST WAIT FOR ME !!