April 19, 2010

Show your love.

Mk shared this song on her blog recently and it’s “My wish” by Rascal Flatts.



“And while you’re out there getting where you’re getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.”

I’ve no fear in showing my love and care to my family and friends nowadays. I hug, cheer, talk, write e-mails, and do my best in keeping us as close as possible because I hope they know that they mean a lot to me. Unspoken support has less significance than showing it out and letting them know about it because many chances just pass by like a fly due to the untold feelings and unrevealed concerns. Because actions give more strength to a person, don’t ever hide your feelings and expect them to know that you love them. There will come a day when even the toughest person on earth needs some attention from you.

1_185731201l

This is especially important to my parents. Leaving home and only going back once a year has encouraged me to show my love to my family whenever I have the opportunity. Every year, I’ll either call home or D.I.Y birthday cards for my mom and dad. The first thing I do when I see my mom every year is to give her a hug. By hugging her, the long lost warmth comes back to me again and proves to me that it feels so good to be my parents’ daughter, and a hug means more than anything else in a moment like this.

276

My besties like to hug me even for the smallest favor in the world, and I do hug them back for such a sweet retreat. I love sending cards and messages to them, because I’m strongly confident with the fact that distance won’t keep my heart apart from you guys. I can still do a lot of things for you guys despite of the distance. I still believe that everything is about effort in maintaining a friendship. That’s the reason why I treasure friends who’re willing to do the same for me, than those who keep their love in heart and continue to be an invisible person.

That’s when you say we’re a family, and you’ll never give up on me.
That’s when you call me because you know that I’m in deep trouble.
That’s when you run under the rain with me after school.
That’s when you scold me for the sake of my own good.
That’s when you tag me in your photos although I'm not in it.
That’s when you hold my hands and say “I’ll walk you through this shit, that’s what friends are for.”

That's when I love you.

So, we should really do FML a justice and give it a whole new meaningful definition, FML=Friends+Family for Miraculous Life. There are always good and bad sides of things even when it comes to abbreviation.^.^ So Smile!