April 27, 2013

Busy bee flying through April


April is such a busy month for me, and I'll tell you why in a bit.




Friend's friend owns a beauty studio and her apprentice is looking for some models to practice on her eyelash extension skills, so I honorably agreed to become the white mice. After all,  eyelash extension and refills for free do sound like a good deal to me and I have nothing to lose even though it doesn't out great because I don't pay a dime for this beauty service. In return of the generous offer, I think this deal deserves a full blog post so I will have a long write up about this next month! Despite the inconvenience due to extremely cautious handling on the eye lashes, I can also feel the breeze of having these long eye lashes because I can literally throw my mascara into dustbin with these falsies, and my co-worker says I look like a doll even without make up :)


I was badly craving for Malaysian food last week and kept looking for all sorts of recipes to replicate Malaysian food here. Simultaneously, I also wanted to learn more Malaysian cuisine to expose Kareshi with more of it as a way of preparing him for the first visit to my homeland in future. Out of all dishes, I think Nasi Lemak really represents our food variety well and the ingredients can be easily found here. So here it goes, here's my version of Nasi Lemak served with coconut milk rice and rendang chicken. I'm glad that Kareshi loves the spiciness of this dish and gladly accepting the different food culture in an open way.



Boss sponsored me to a food flavouring workshop because she understands and supports my interest in food flavouring. I was so excited for the opportunity given to me because I believe that this workshop will help me in paving my route to food business in future. The workshop was a joint effort between BCFT and Metarom, a Canadian-based flavouring house and sets foot in many countries including the United States, Australia, Europe and North Africa.The workshop didn't disappoint me at all as I had the chance to smell and guess approximately 20 different scents made out of chemical molecules to mimic several natural-occurring flavours. Sometimes I have to admit that food chemistry is unbelievably powerful and amazing in changing the food industry technologically. Best of all, the 3-hour workshop enabled me to feel like a student again and attend lecture with some other professionals in the industry. I'm truly blessed and I know that.

On the side note, I also enjoyed free flow of Starbucks tea and coffee throughout the workshop. OOO I really can't live without tea!


Upon ending this post, I'm off to Seattle with Kareshi tomorrow. =) Shall bring back more blog-worthy pictures during this getaway trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment