February 27, 2011

February is the month.

34987_427135777200_556607200_5140811_2313523_n

Took the first snow picture of mine after 2 years. I’ve been waiting for this snow for megalong, thus I was so prepared for it once it came by and quickly grabbed the opportunity for a photo shooting session with my best photo shooting buddy-Eu. I like to update myself consistently by taking pictures of myself with different looks under the same setting every year, just to figure out how much of a difference I’ve had in a year. Based on the comparison, I think I’ve done a good job in keeping myself in the best physical and mental state, also in terms of skincare and fashion.

I like it when Law says, the little girl has finally grown up and I can see the difference in you. I really take it as a compliment and motivation to keep heading towards the positive direction and gradually up-level myself in every aspect as best as I could. I’m certainly glad with the general acceptance among my peers on the slightly-different me each year. I will only go better or remain the same but never the worst, that is one commitment I’ve pledged to myself.

34987_427135777200_556607200_5140811_2313523_n
Credit to the superb photographer Chai Jui.

Had a getaway trip with my friends during spring break. It turned out to be an unexpected trip for me after receiving a few surprises in 2 days, I think it was more of a get-to-know-each-other-better and make-my-state-of-mind-clear trip for me as I felt a great sense of relief after the entire trip. It seems like trips are always doing me good, and I was glad that this trip served its purpose well too! After the trip, there's only one thought in my mind- I truly hope that you will be completely healed one day, as I know that the day will eventually come for you. That day has come for me already, I hope yours will soon arrive too!


34987_427135777200_556607200_5140811_2313523_n

My first Valentine’s baking project in 22 years of my life for friends that I truly appreciate. I had to say, baking pineapple tarts wasn’t easy at all when you had to start from the foundation step-cooking pineapple paste!!Fortunately,the compliments received on the final product definitely made me feel accomplished ultimately. I spent 2 days baking these little babies for my friends, while thinking of all my close friends around the world simultaneously, and that kept me going on with the exhaustive baking session.

Love is not inclusive to couples only but it can be spread around whenever you want to. Love won’t keep you out of reach if you took the effort to break into it.

34987_427135777200_556607200_5140811_2313523_n

Spent a great night out with my ex-classmate- Harry and his friends. He hit me with a surprise on the last day of my break by his sudden visit to Vancouver, and we quickly arranged for a dinner through text messages. Meeting the first Ausmatian classmate in Vancouver was the highlight of the outing, it was something that I was longing for 3 years, after being the only Ausmatian in Vancouver among my classmates. His visit has brought back a lot of the good old days and I felt amazed by the change we both have had in these 4 years. A great night out with some warm sake, that makes my February a very different one of all the 3 years in Vancouver.

34987_427135777200_556607200_5140811_2313523_n

Had a lot of good foods with the buddies this month! Eating out is definitely one of the regular outing activities in Vancouver for me, simply because I can’t think of a better thing to do than a chit-chatting session with good foods around. I had a good catch up with different bunch of friends and it was a joy to see everyone doing good in their lives. Every outing reminds me of how far I've gone in expanding my social network in Vancouver and blending into every social circle gradually.I see this as a self-improvement in socializing as well as an effort to make time for worthy friends.

Always appreciate the goodness and never stop the effort , I will.

34987_427135777200_556607200_5140811_2313523_n

Rewarded my ears with some soothing music on a Friday night. Watching at least one musical performance per term has become habitual to me as I take it as a stress-releasing activity from the regular hectic life. I’m definitely a person who needs considerable amount of peace and tranquilization in my life, and I make peace with my life by welcoming music into my world.

Always feel thankful for the healing power of music and I will continue to embrace it for the rest of my life.

34987_427135777200_556607200_5140811_2313523_n

Went through a transition state in my love life and started to appreciate the surprising encounter this month. For the past year, I’ve been locking up myself from people who tried to climb over the wall to clear up the misery for me when I should no longer keep it. I avoided these sensitive things as much as I could and chose to be a nice person to everyone but not the only one for a special person. It’s only until recently, when his presence rings the bell and fits into the right timing for me because I can finally confront with my past and convince myself in committing to a new life, and probably, a new story. It’s my first time letting go myself completely and feeling comfortable with the way we get along with each other after a year. I feel good, at the moment, with everything that is coming my way. Thank you for making me in believing that, making peace with the past is a way to prepare myself for the good things to come.

X:你应该走出阴霾了,我会为你感到开心的!

Yes, appreciate the goodness is what I’ve been telling myself, I will foster it carefully this time and stay neutral with the outcome. One new friend or one new relationship, either way is doing me good, so I shall stay calm for every possibility.

Our first date is coming soon, please wish me luck friends! =)

February is still a month of love, friends, and fun for me. I hope it’ll stay like this for another 10 months, that’ll bring me to a fantabulous 2011.