November 01, 2010

Halloween, I'm here!

34987_427135777200_556607200_5140811_2313523_n

Hanging out with friends 3 days in a row was somehow an achievable luxury to me despite of the hectic schedule as I spent my last few days of October celebrating Halloween as well as friend’s birthday. Also because of the frequent outings,I broke my own records in many ways for 3 consecutive days.

Firstly, WX dear brought me to her dance party and that’s how I got the chance to dress up in Halloween this year. I didn’t want to splurge on Halloween costume so I put on the Yukatta my host mama gave me during student exchange trip in Japan last time. I must say, dancing Waltz and Cha Cha in Yukatta seemed to be really awkward because many girls wore a dress instead. Can you imagine a yukatta floating around the sea of dresses? That was exactly how I felt.

However, I had the chance to learn some simple dance steps courtesy to dear dear and overcame the embarrassment slowly. I couldn’t even believe myself dancing for the whole night when I haven't danced for at least 6 years.

34987_427135777200_556607200_5140811_2313523_n

I then went to a theme park for the first time in Vancouver and getting high with all the screaming and haunted environment. Going to theme park and playing under the rain enhanced the Halloween craziness even further, because our jeans and shoes were soaking wet. If I could describe the feeling to you, it would be like sitting on a roller coaster with water dripping all over your face and melting your eyeliner. I wasn’t sure which one was nastier in the end. Well at least they didn’t close down the park, if not my 30 bucks would have washed down the sink already.

The coolest thing I found in the park was definitely this monster that we took picture with. He was stationary for a very long time and no one actually noticed this real flesh until he jumped out of the stool and started scaring people around. He somehow reminded me of the wax museum prank by Edison Chen in one of the videos I watched earlier since he prank people in the exact same way. I swear it was hilarious because he pretended as a wax figure and randomly scared visitors who were taking picture with him.

34987_427135777200_556607200_5140811_2313523_n

Wrapped up my Sunday afternoon with Afsan’s birthday and we went for a good movie together. It has been such a long time since we last hung out together and it was great catching up with them outside class again. Sometimes, I’m grateful for the small faculty I’m in because that brings us closer together. I don’t understand the greatness of it until the beginning of my third academic year, when I can recognize most of my classmates by face. I may not know all of them personally but we definitely went through several courses together. Learning something in a familiar environment with some other passionate people is somewhat comfortable to me.

Another thing I love about LFS has to be the Agora café, where you can pick up a hot chocolate in a mug for only 1 buck. The best part is not just about the price, but it’s how homely I feel carrying the mug to my lectures and return it back to the café once I’m done with it. It’s a way our faculty promotes sustainability,and honesty in a way, since there is a possibility for those mugs to disappear at anytime.

Of course, fun outings and huge expenditure usually come in a package, so I guess I shall start eating grass for the following days to compensate with that. =_=