March 28, 2010

U.S trip part 1

I know it’s kind of late to blog about my NY &Washington trip now, but I was too lazy to pick out all the photos earlier and blog about the trip chronologically. Also, too many events took place after that until I forgot to blog about this trip.

However,it's about time to go back to this trip again since I'm all settled now.

Rewind rewind...

18333_395611975602_895840602_10310681_2914205_n
I first went to Washington to visit my cousin, Jovial. It was our first time meeting up with each other after 6-7 years at minimum. I think I was ‘lucky’ enough because the days that I was in Washington were the time Washington had one of the worst snow storms in history. So I slept through half of my trip and played Wii in my cousin’s house to spend some time because we couldn’t even get out of the house due to the thick snow which almost covered the car. Sigh, I was crowned as the rain god’s friend during my Sarawak trip 3 years back, and now my good friend has turned into a snow god.

However, I should also be grateful with the huge snowfall for making the pictures taken to be super nice.

019
Next, I went to visit husband W’s hometown-New York.

“Winney Liew , how can you leave your wife travelling your hometown on her own.”

However, she wanted me to have a good look at the city, and so I tried to pay attention to this busy city. There’s no doubt that NY is a big city with enormous busy streets and crowds everywhere, but that’s just the outer shell of it. To me, the crust within the city consists of all the lonely and exhaustive bodies who slave their lives for a living.

039

Prior to the trip, what I saw was solely the deceiving images of the success of the upper class in the society, the skyscrapers and not forgetting the shopping district. After the trip, I couldn’t help but to feel sad for the fragile bunch of people who are stepped on by the others and consistently being oppressed by the society pressure.

Sometimes, we’re just being deceived by all the good things, and we neglect the majority of things which are forgone for all the minor good things. But I know, this world is never going to be fair and that’s why we need to adopt the right attitude and find the right way of living to get rid of the discomfort.

171

Basically, my NY trip= Times Square trip because I went to Times Square almost everyday for my trip. Believe it or not, almost everything is located in the same place, from shop lots to cozy restaurants to broadway shows.I went there so frequent until I felt bored of going to that place at the end of the trip.

The good thing is, TS is super bright 24/7, so the pictures taken at night would still be bright without flash mode on.

050
Small M VS Big M.