March 13, 2010

Open Happiness

043
Since I uploaded my baby cola collection album onto Facebook, I received different responses from my friends. Some funny ones would be:

“Wow, your room must be like a recycling factory! I suggest you frame your cans so that they look more artistic.”

“What would you do if someone threw all your cans away?”

Hmm, these are good questions which may take time to figure out the answer.To me, the latter question is similar to asking you on your response if I took away your bolster which has been accompanying you for years. You get the idea now?

Over the years, my project has become a joint-collaboration among my friends because they are being so supportive of my hobby. Just recently, I received 2 very special cans from my friend.

Let me open up my happiness to you.

Firstly, Michael got me this 2008 Beijing Olympic Cola Box Set when he went back to China for CNY.

084

Eu even said it looked like 皇帝诏旨because there’s a layer of yellow cloth embracing the can.

Like this:

069
Seriously, empty cola can in a box @.@ !! I’ve never ever had a box for my cola can and that’s what makes this commemorative gold can special.

On the same day, I saw this:
083
This is the cola can which is released in conjunction with the celebration of Canadian Men’s Ice Hockey’s Gold Medal in Vancouver Winter Olympics 2010.Instead of joining the craze and running nakedly in Downtown, I chose a much more peaceful way to celebrate their victory- Drink coke at home.

It has been almost 1.5 years I haven’t carried a dozen of cola cans home. The last time I did that was also because of the Vancouver Winter Olympic 2010 can.Mom was beside me at that time and she encouraged me to bring it home.

“Just buy it and then finish it slowly.”

How sweet my mom was!! She never objects my hobby although it’s not that healthy. Also, I know my dad doesn’t like us drinking carbonated drinks, so I promised myself to halve my Coke consumption in appreciation of their support.

Nowadays, I usually drink Coke for the can.

However, nothing beats this:



It’s one of the limited edition bottles which was distributed during Winter Olympics at Yaletown (The place which I regretted the most for not going when Eu asked me.) Like how it’s shown on the video, it’s a glow bottle and it changes to 4 different colours when you switch on the button at the bottom of the bottle, and there were only 12000 bottles available for this design.

The awesomeness is really beyond description, it's like a light appears and shines on you when you're super gloomy and can't sleep at night.Yesterday when I was walking back to my dorm, I saw something hanging on the door handle. I opened up the small card and my name was written on it. When I went inside my room,I looked up the gift bag and I saw the Coke Glow Bottle.

Awesomeness to the maximum!

Thank you Michael, I will definitely add your name to the supporter list of my project.

IMG_0374
Tada! So here's my collection in Vancouver 2009/2010 so far.

Surprisingly, I only bought 1 can out of the 6 cans there. Sincerely thank everyone for the hard work in helping out my ongoing project, making my series of coke collection a wonderful and enjoyable one. I’m glad that my hobby has made a difference in some of my friend’s life, because they will now think of me whenever they see coke. To me, that’s a sweet way to remember a friend.