March 29, 2009

I like the new me.

People always ask me a question when they browse through my recent photo albums on Facebook.

' Why didn't I see you in the pictures?'

To be honest, I've actually taken quite a massive amount of pictures (with myself in it) in Vancouver. My habit is to take photo with and without me at a same place, and then keep both of these versions and upload the scenery photos onto Facebook. I thought, that would very much help to explain what I've been up to.

Also, I decided to leave some of these photos for my blog,the personal space I own. I try to make my blog as interesting as possible, but not using all of the photos that I've uploaded elsewhere and reuse it on my blog.

This post will be full of my pictures to show all of you my 7-month life in Vancouver.

I've never stopped sightseeing since I came here and I always find time for myself to explore this new place from mountains to watch towers right to parks and temples.I love spending half a day just to wander around the park or even go to downtown just to mingle among the agile souls. Also, I enjoy taking photos and sharing my experiences with those who are not by my side at the moment to give them a big picture of this city.



New things are always what I urge to try on , with bungy jump and watching horror movies as exceptions. One great experience I had in Vancouver was skiing.I'm not very skillful at it, but I feel happy after trying it. It's one of those activities that I'm willing to try on several times and still won't get bored of it.



I've also enjoyed my course so far, as it leads me to do things which are beyond textbook knowledge. I participated in several activities that I never thought I could get my hands on them in Vancouver.I did a volunteering service activity last term for one of my courses, AGSC 100 and it was about helping out to control the traffic on the Apple Festival in our uni for a few hours. If 'ant' like me could speak up and direct the traffic, I bet it wasn't a hard task to anyone out there. Seriously, I had a 'great' time training my voice. Another enjoyble thing I did in my Biology course was the field trip I recently went to. I went to a forest near our uni to collect vegetation profile, which was basically recording and counting the types of trees and shrubs in a given area. I'm so ashame to say, I have never been to a forest prior to this, despite I live in a country where tropical forests are abundant and they are full of precious species that foreign ecologists fly all the way just to visit our forests. It's time for me to be more aware of the surrounding, to understand Malaysia , this piece of valuable land before understanding the diversed cultures of the other countries.




I've become much more fairer after spending just a few months here, that I was not used to seeing myself in mirror initially,because never in my life have I become so fair like this. Some say I blew up my cheeks and am going to bring some Canadian fats back home, some say I'm left with skeletons to support myself. Receiving these extreme comments from different people makes me feel that, whatever it is , just stay happy for the thought that people actually remember me even after so many months. I'm always the minnie mouse/chubbymun/ant you all know , nothing is going to change.=P



7 months, 7 months. It was all worthwhile although it started off in a harsh way.I daresay, I'm really proud of myself, for buiding my own circle of life in Canada, from zero right to the steady state now. Although once in a while I feel the exhaustion of having to manage my own life and learn everything by myself.Also,I need a lot of courage stimulation in myself, and this is where I started to encourage and try to believe in my ability when things are failing.Fortunately in the end, the efforts inserted were paid off and I had a good lesson about life.We must make the first kick before moving towards to make a difference.Don't dream big and work less.

I'll be heading back home next month. After getting rid of the uneasy self-stimulated depression,I'm prepared for anything to come because I know that it ain't gonna be the worst thing in life as I learn everytime I fall, then only can I sprint toward my future. I chose to filter all the negative thoughts to not ruin myself under any conditions.

I love the new PM, never give up, not afraid of failures and a tough person who now knows what's more important in her life and tries to do something about it. She believes that she doesn't collapse for nothing, there must be some underlying values she'll gain after a big sweep out in her life.



I like the new me,a lame B who will take lame pictures with tigger plush toy when she feels bored.=P

No comments:

Post a Comment