March 17, 2009

Pleasures derived from Chemistry lecture and lab

So, my Chem professor-Dr.Wasell shared an Irish joke with us before he started the lecture in conjunction with the St.Patrick's Day.


'Shayne had been drinking at his local pub all day and most of the
night.

Mick, the bartender says, "You'll not be drinking anymore tonight,
Shayne".

Shayne replies "OK Mick, I'll be on my way then." Shayne spins around
on his stool and steps off. He falls flat on his face. "Shite" he
says and pulls himself up by the stool and dusts himself off.

He takes a step towards the door and falls flat on his face. He looks
to the doorway and thinks to himself that if he can just get to the
door and get some fresh air he'll be fine. He belly crawls to the door
and shimmies up the doorframe. He sticks his head outside and takes a
deep breath of fresh air, feels much better and takes a step out onto
the sidewalk.

He falls flat on his face.

"I'm fockin' focked," he says. He can see his house just a few doors
down,and crawls to the door and shimmies up the doorframe, opens the
door and shimmies inside. He takes a look up the stairs and says "No
fockin' way".

He crawls up the stairs to his bedroom door and says "I can make it
to the bed." He takes a step into the room and falls flat on his face.

He says "Fock it" and falls into bed.

The next morning, his wife, Mary, comes into the room carrying a cup
of coffee and says, "Get up Shayne. Did you have a bit to drink last
night?".

Shayne says, "I did Mary. I was fockin' p!ssed. But how'd you know?"

"Mick called. You left your wheelchair at the pub again!" '

I think, it was my first time LOL-ed in a Chem class. Seriously, I enjoy Dr.Wasell's classes not only because of his patient teaching, but very often he throws in his own ideas onto his lectures, be it some extra information or just some random jokes which I find it delightful. I still remember when he started introducing himself on the first lecture ,he showed us the slides of his educational background, student's life and even his family. He's a British who has migrated to Canada after getting married with a Canadian. Somehow, he's a British with pure American accent, I can barely sense any Britishness in him. Friendly and cute professor who's in his 50-6o's, doesn't mind eating his slice of pizza while walking, he's just so down-to-earth and makes me feel approachable.I guess, he's the reason why I've been able to do well in my first-year Chemistry.

Also,I finished off my last Chem lab today. It was quite enjoyable as we prepared Azo dyes for clothes and colouring for plastics.

My lab partner then shared with me an interesting food today.

She gave me a small piece of Greentea Kitkat which her friend got it from the Japan airlines.

It gives Kitkat a whole new refreshing taste, the taste is not even near to the regular ones because the milk filling and coating are all in green tea. But I quite like it since I've always liked green tea flavour.




I wonder if it's available on stores here. I'll definitely buy it if I could find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment