March 12, 2009

Love yourself more.

A friend recently asked me about my current perception on love.

She said, trustworthy and honesty are deteriorating between couples.

I believe so. There's not much trust left nowadays, except for those people you can die for.

I messed up some relationships recently, I think it was my bad for not handling it properly.But I learnt a hard lesson, never carry out ambiguous actions which may cause people to misinterpret it as overly-concern actions. Also, my intuition tells me that some unusual things are going on, so I shall keep a distance on those things.

Many friends encourage me to try on a relationship. I think, at this point of life, I'm happy with my free-to-bump-around sort of lifestyle. I don't need to try it to know how it feels, and somehow the urge of trying is lacking in me.

They say, I'm overly-protecting myself and too fear to accept one. I guess I am, I understand myself too well that, if a relationship fails, it doubles the time for recovery. I would do anything to force myself to speed up the process, and end up being more traumatized.I'll need to sacrifice a lot of things to collect pieces and pieces of me. Painful I know, that's why I'm quitting it. Love is not a game I can afford to play.

They say, I must be confident to myself since I'm up for choices, not down to being chosen by someone else .I tried to lift up a little hopes since then, and everything went worse. Qualities aren't factors that will be taken into consideration in love. I guess, it's not wrong to have low confidence since I rarely have expectations nowadays. I'm a little numb to romantics and sweetness within a couple. To me, those feelings are nice to see, nice to hold, once broken, everything's gone.

I won't become a third party. I can understand the feeling of not being chosen, so I won't make the mistake to hurt someone else. Girls should support girls more, not snatching each other's boyfriend and start bitching about it.

But I'm quite happy that some of my friends have found their loved ones in life. I'm glad to see your smile, hoping that it will turn out to be a successful relationship this time. For those who're hoping for one, just wait with a peaceful mind and you will eventually meet one.

I just want to say, don't prioritize a person in your life. Learn to love yourself more. Don't live your life solely for a person, do open your life to more options for your own good, and the supportive friends behind you. We're always here opening our big arms to welcome you.

I appreciate the friend who sent me that e-mail. Because I feel, this world is full of nasty people. We need to find a way to live through it. To my friend,stay calm and let's just wait and see what will happen to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment