April 12, 2008

The Passion That Never Dies

She is someone that I truly salute from the bottom of my heart.



Lee Hee-ah(이희아 李僖芽)is a Korean disabled pianist with fantastic talent in piano.
To her, 10 fingers are not a luxury she can entertain.However,this does not stop her from persevering on her dream- to continue flying with her gifted piano talents.

It doesn't inspire me much on how she plays those pieces beautifully, what touches me more is her spirit, the way she believes in herself, which is one thing we need to instill in ourself to live in this doubtful world. Releasing album isn't her desire initially, it's the determination she has for piano which brings her closer to the public, for us, the global audience to listen to the joyful soul touching every of the note gracefully.

Being a piano learner, I definitely understand the route one has to go through to start as a beginner. Learning a music instrument is a never-ending journey, because it must be done without any compulsion,and determination must prevail until the day you decided to step out of it.Although born talent is a plus for a pianist,the key factor to stand on the cream of the crop is through a lot of gruelling trainings with 120% of enthusiasm. If this fails you, you'll hardly feel the excitement of being a part of the musical world. You feel forceful to have daily practises, you feel irritated at a glimpse of the piano examinations' pieces.If that's the case, what for paying yourself for a torturous course every week?

I recently told a friend that every achievement pays a price, because triumphs do not fall from the sky, if you want something badly, then you have to pay the price(badly) for it. While I was learning piano, I once came up to a point where I felt myself talentless, that even 5 hours of practice would be equivalent to 5 hours of sleep.The low confidence rushed up when I saw those professional pianists dancing their fingers on keyboard so easily.God sent me a message then,when I read articles about this korean pianist coincidentally,that I realised I need to conquer my fear to truly understand the objective of learning music.

" I like piano, and therefore learning it means making myself happy, and only I can feel the joy after much sweating"

I'm fortunate enough to have 10 fingers, it must mean that I still have the other 6 fingers to put effort on.Also fortunately, I was under good guidance by piano teacher at that time, that slowly brought me up from downhill.I reminded myself on the reason for my start, and began to understand the significance behind every music piece.Last time, I was way too rushing to reach the top technically, that I barely take the time to understand my emotions, how do I feel for the music that I'm playing.

" I must play emotionally, not just technically"

Until now, I've nothing to say about my piano skills because there are rooms for improvement. When I'm at 90%, I know that there are still another 10% for me to go on. When I'm at 100%, I must make sure that it never falls.Lucky for me, there are supportive people behind me to keep me up with my work.I'm glad I've met them- Ms Julie,Ms Bina, and always....my mom who never stops my passion. I feel warm with the encouragement and patience they shower on me, just like watering a small seed into a growing plant.

"Lee gives tribute to her mother for challenging her to master the piano and said that although her training was difficult, "as time went by, the piano became my source of inspiration and my best friend."

I'm glad I feel the same,because piano became my source of inspiration and my best friend. It has calming effect on me, accompanying me at times of ups and downs.

Thank you to my dear old friend.....piano!

No comments:

Post a Comment