April 16, 2008

The brain slows

Since I've started my holidays,I've realised an evolutionary change in me-
my brain activity slows down perpendicularly with my long period of resting. I feel I'm getting much more retarded compared to schooling days where I had frequent touch with the books, though it might aggravte me sometimes,it should be the lifestyle which suits me at my age. Tonnes of assignments and uncountable tests, waking up early for classes and activities, let alone joyous outings and numerous crappy jokes with my peers.

I'm actually missing classes and schooling days.

I used to have something to be proud on- being a speed reader. This priviledge has been in me for years and I especially remember how my secondary peers warn me to slow down my pace because they hardly hear a word from my reading. Unfortunately, I feel that my ability is aggravating during this long holidays. I feel the need to slow down a little and analyse each word while I have any of my reading from newspapers to blogs. This is something unusual for me because I never feel the necessary to adjust myself in the past.

It is not just my reading speed that slows, my thinking skill is descending as well. It takes me long time to conjoint things nowadays, sometimes I don't see the logic in a conversation when everyone else in it seems to get it. There are also times where I feel helpless to pay attention on their conversations, not because of my impatientness, but I tend to lose memory on their words very easily thesedays.Also nowadays,I've some difficulties in expressing myself, I spend longer time to think of a suitable word to elaborate my thoughts, which is not what I used to be.All in all,I think my brain reaction is just getting slower until it comes to a stage to make me feel fed up with this situation.

NOOOOOO.....I DON'T WANT TO BE LIKE THAT!

I'm seriously getting afraid of my losing ability and here's some of the solutions I'm thinking to curb with my degrading brain reactions. Firstly, I suppose I've to immerse myseld into studies as soon as possible, perhaps through picking up some short courses or language classes.


I must continue with my Japanese language study soon, no more "jibun de tabemasu" already XD! I definitely need to register myself for the Lower Intermediate course, this was where I stopped 18 months ago.


Looking for a weekend job is another thing I've been continuosly doing since early April.To me,working during weekends is not solely for the sake of extra earnings, it's a way to keep up my communication skills at the same time, to ensure I don't rot myself at home, talking to my friends and family members, but to know the way to approach the others as well.

Sometimes, having long holidays isn't that great as what we're usually impressed on.*sigh*

Therefore, from now on, I must have put time into good use, do something significant and beneficial.


*Perhaps, I babble too much with my niece and nephews nowadays, that I lose my adult side!*

No comments:

Post a Comment