March 27, 2008

Life In Brunei

Brunei is very famous as one of the petroleum exporters in the world.



Just recently,I've been updated that Brunei is famous for another thing......



What leads to my thought is that everyone has been asking the same question the time I was in Brunei.

Friend A: OMG,You're in Brunei now, Wu Chun's hometown, did you see him?
PM: ........

Friend B: Pui Mun Pui Mun, did you visit Wu Chun's fitness club in Brunei?
PM: I don't even know the location of it my friend.


Dear friends, I barely have the obsession over him so my trip is not exclusively for tracking his past and current possession. Moreover, I don't live for Wu Chun!

In fact, I think I see more of her...instead of a him!



I've been accompanying her all the time while I was in Brunei.Having her by my side definitely makes me feel more excited than seeing Wu Chun in real.

"I'm sorry lah, but she's really adorable mah! XD "



Brunei is a small place with citizens feeling contented with their country as well as lifestyles-simple but rich. Most of the products available on supermarkets are imported goods, with fairly affordable prices. The ruling authority makes it a must to prohibit any liquor being sold in the country, so the Bruneian people have to pass through the custom to have a sip on Heineken.By right, I could have imagined them having a wine garage at home due to their wealthiness but this just proves me wrong.

Other than that, I had most of my eatings outside during the entire trip.So it was basically just about eating, eating and eating.


L.A donut cafe in Bandar Seri Begawan.



Bruneian style French Toast ( It was wrapped with eggs instead of the usual thick toast)


Home baked cookies which can be made in 30 minutes, or was it instant cookies?=P



I enjoy cooking!

Some say life in Brunei is simply dull and boring. Of course, Brunei is not the place which satisfies night-clubber, fashion walker or even metropolis lover. It's a totally simple place to let you get out of your exhausting daily routine by sleeping,
have a half day trip at the bandar, and probably end your day in a Japanese restaurant for its tempting sushi.( Yes, the Japanese cuisine is slightly nicer than the ones in K.L). I would conclude this as Brunei has its own speciality and fits different people. Moreover,it depends on what do you look for in a vacation?

"walk more to visit more places? or totally a mind-free holiday?"

To me, I found my way to enjoy this trip as an interesting part of my vacation.




I would say we need to be reminded of how simple life we initially started,which it slowly expanded to more difficult hardships and challenging problems,to appreciate things that eventually grow bigger and bombastic in our life.

Once in a while I feel, doing nothing is that something.

No comments:

Post a Comment