April 07, 2011

April’s fool? Naww, April’s Oreo!!

34987_427135777200_556607200_5140811_2313523_n

My first mission in April was to bake a birthday cake for Eu. I’m not really a handicapped when it comes to baking, but making a whole cake entirely by myself was definitely my first experience. However, we wanted to make this birthday a memorable one since it would be the last birthday we celebrate together for Eu in Vancouver before she graduates.Being the experience’less’ twosome, Blackangel and I decided to challenge ourselves with our first cake-baking experience, exclusively for our beloved ex-2614 housemate.

We made it a late-night project since it was the assignments’ peak at this time of the month, so we as the ‘good’ students did our best to balance between friends and studies *chuckles*. It was however a busy day for me because I only started hunting for ingredients on the same day, while doing my grocery shopping simultaneously. Hahah, I couldn’t believe myself switching from Daiso to an asian supermarket, followed by a western supermarket as my ultimate stop in 4 hours,just to make sure that I get everything that I needed! Gah, Vancouver can be quite a troublesome place in doing food shopping sometimes, when everything is so far apart, and when I don’t have a CAR! *sigh*

I chose to bake oreo cheesecake since it’s the easiest cheesecake to make for a new baker like me, moreover it only requires refrigeration to solidify the cake, so I don’t even have to give a head on the possibility of baking a burnt product, although the cheesecake itself is already black enough! I would be way too embarrassed to give something which looks and tastes so unpleasant to my friend.

34987_427135777200_556607200_5140811_2313523_n

Tada, so here was the final product which didn’t look quite bad after all *grins*. Although blackangel considered it as a shit-look-alike NICE cake, I still take it as a compliment out of her ‘harshness’. Don’t be too proud with your ‘lipidized’ apple cake and look down on the cake which is made from your best buddy- Mr.oreo okay! =P

34987_427135777200_556607200_5140811_2313523_n
Blackangel's apple cake

We had a simple birthday celebration with the birthday girl by chilling out at blackangel’s place on a Sunday afternoon, which pretty much matched with Eu’s homely birthday celebration style. I really like it when the three of us have heart-to-heart talk and let every conversation ends in the same room we have it. It’s not easy to find trustworthy people to talk to nowadays, there are often times when I lose faith in people whom I’ve trusted so so much, and picking up my broken belief is what I usually get in the end. It’s not that I’m blaming them for what they have done to me, but I’ve learned a vital lesson about trust in the end, that you have to select your friends carefully and create your own circle to keep up with the trust.It all comes down to simple math again, where addition and deduction of things are the two rules to derive an ultimate answer for your life choices, so you really have to evaluate your standpoint from time to time to get the true call for your desired life. Faith is the call I possess for the people I choose to include in my life, and I’m lucky enough to have found lovely people who are willing to accept my premium trait wholeheartedly.This is my destiny, and I’m accepting it as it is, undoubtedly.


34987_427135777200_556607200_5140811_2313523_n

Seems like the birthday girl really liked our surprise, as I got rewarded red bean soup at night!

Happy Belated once again, Eu猪猪!

p/s: For those of you who are interested in the cheesecake recipe, you can refer to this website:

http://www.malaysianbabes.net/forum/topic/14690-unbaked-oreo-cheesecake/