April 11, 2011

First on-cruise dinner in Vancouver

34987_427135777200_556607200_5140811_2313523_n

Last Saturday was a good good night. I was honoured to become my housemate’s ‘partner’ for her graduation dinner. To begin with the story, she actually tempted me with the chocolate fondue fountain available at the cruise dinner, so I nodded my head without any sense of hesitation, not even a bit after hearing ‘chocolate fountain’! I knew I would have regretted much if I didn’t attend it, not mainly because of the sweet sensation, but ….

I DIDN’T WANT TO MISS THE CHANCE TO SEE EU IN DRESS! That was a huge price to pay relatively to the extra revision hours I would have gotten by mugging at home, her transformation was just way too huge for me to say no.

Seriously, she never failed in impressing me. I felt like my eyes grew an inch bigger the first time seeing her in a formal dress and looking so feminine! Hahah, that was exaggerating of course, but you know the kind of feeling when someone surprises you with something they haven’t done before since the day you’ve met them, that was how I felt.

34987_427135777200_556607200_5140811_2313523_n

So I became the make-up and hair stylist of the day to makeover Eu. It wasn’t entirely a difficult task because she preferred a simple style with minimized chemicals on her face, so I just fulfilled her desire with my tools. I think I took even longer time satisfying myself since I tried on a new hairstyle on that day. I made a side twist with a bun at the end of the hair. Hooo, I was so glad that I made it! Might consider doing my own hair and make up on my sis’s wedding.

I’m so glad that I’m being trusted by my girlfriends on my fashion sense and styling skills thesedays, and some of them even put their hands on me for a makeover. It’s only until recently when people started asking about my opinions on fashion, cosmetics, as well as styling which make me feel like I've been developing some new ideas on these things along the way. To me, the basic in fashion is still finding your own style and the attires which fit you best, then only branch out to various styles from the attires you’ve picked earlier. It’s barely about the price, because you make your clothes valuable by carrying them well, that is the market and social price you set on the clothes, instead of letting the pricy clothes to have a control over you. I guess it is a never-ending route for me as well, which is why I’m always absorbing new knowledge all the time. You just have to be inspired by all sorts of things and let them take their tolls on you, then only will you blossom from these inspirations that you get.

I won’t coin myself the term ‘fashionista’ or a skilful stylist, but I’m definitely one of a kind who will scrutinize myself to bring out the potentials in me, for the sake of my own happiness and confidence.


34987_427135777200_556607200_5140811_2313523_n
Another interesting thing on that night was the taking-photo encounter. So I met Eu’s friend who’s also majoring in Economics, she was speaking Cantonese to Eu all the while, and when she turned back to me, she hold back for a while and paused. She had that ‘ are you Korean?’ kind of look, and then I decided to break the ice by speaking Cantonese to her and explained myself for the 1849059202 times in my life. Funny enough, she actually took a picture with me at the end of the day because she thought that I look like Kara’s Goo Hara, so she could show off to her friends with our picture! Oklah, I personally don’t think so but I still feel happy to be flattered in such a way, since I’m definitely no way near Goo Hara. I’m happy enough to be mistaken in a good way.

Anyway, back to the main topic, the foods served were dull enough to be forgotten, I’d say, but I still love the night after immersing myself into the mugging world for a few days, and going to hold for 2 weeks after it. It was a good break in the midst of a tough battle. Also, it was my first on-cruise dinner in Vancouver, so it was still exciting to me to enjoy the dinner and Vancouver’s evening view simultaneously. I’ve had uncountable memories in this city, far more than the reasons for me to hate this rainy place, thus I do feel attached to it in a unique way sometimes, despite from all the homesickness I’ve to bear with at the other end of the string. Perhaps that is just the price of growing up, to try out new life experiences, believe with a pure mind, maximize every possibility, and glow with a fond heart lastly.