August 25, 2009

Because they always have something to say

I'm a child who has always been compared to my third sister. Generally, people apt to prefer my sister than me,which is something that is understandable, since she is better in my opinion.

But things become hurtful when you are being compared for every part of your life,from your skin complexion all the way to intelligence, especially to a sibling who matters so much to you. They like to be a critic to me instead of being an angelic compliment giver to my sister.I bet they either like to thrill me or they really dislike me so much that it's a joy to upset me.

They love to say:

A: Your sister is smarter than you.
B: Your sister's skin is smoother, fairer than you.
C: Your sister's hair is silkier, moisturized than you.
D: Your sister is slim, you're fat.
E: Your sister looks younger than you.
F: Your sister is prettier than you.
G:Your sister............., .........., THAN YOU.

It wasn't a concern to me initially, until recently when I hear it so often, so often that they all upset me by a little. I don't want to be mad at anybody, neither do I want to throw a tanthrum at someone else just by an opinion like this. I opt to not feel myself being a worthless piece of junk, whenever I'm being compared to my sister. Because I am me, I don't need authorization to prove myself, I'm authentic. So I accepted these criticsms all and reminded myself not to take their words for it. I smile, keep silent, and walk away after a while.

I want to become a happy soul, but not to dehydrate my life by the others. Also,I love my sister, and I've always thought that she's an amazing individual that ever exists in my life. She has taught me priceless lessons, problems that I could never breakthrough without her words.Because she's loved, I'll never let someone else's words to destroy our relationship after all.I can't control what other people comment, but I can manipulate mine by closing my mouth and staying hands off on those comments. I well understand that comparison among siblings is a killer, so don't stress yourself to listen if you really don't want to see yourself turning into a no confident, stressful maniac.


I believe most of us here will have issues like this among siblings, but I believe more in God's creation. We were born to be unique,so just accept yourself for who you are but not what others think you are, they assume, they think and they don't fully know you. Because they always have something to come up with, you can't be easily upset by simple words like these. Really, it is okay to not be praised by anyone, as long as you appreciate yourself and achieve something through your own hands. Pave my own route and keep going on with it is my goal.


Because I'm still loved by parents and sisters, I'm still being appreciated by myself,so what about all these? So what? Of course, they can also do a favor by skipping 'than you' for every sentence, and turn it into a nice compliment to my sister, since I now feel, receiving no harsh words is an achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment