May 22, 2009

One night sit in Hong Kong airport

The night before I reached K.L, I spent 13 hours in the Hong Kong international airport because my connecting flight departed on the next day. Looking at the time I reached the airport and the amount of luggages I was carrying, having a brief city trip was a bad idea although my previous visit on this oriental land exceeded 10 years, far before the existence of Hong Kong Disneyland and Star Walk.

Erhmm erhmm. So there comes my first experience of sleeping overnight in the airport.

Prior to this, I had a little mind mapping on the possible things I could do there, like sticking myself to the laptop at a coffee shop, or simply buying a magazine and start up some reading. Well well, it was my bad neglecting the tiny little things which turned out to be so important that they ruined my plan to nowhere. I had no problem spending the first 2 hours with my laptop and re-packing my luggage, till my laptop was exhausted and there the ordeal began. I totally forgot about the converter since my laptop charger couldn’t fit in the plug. I then tried to look for a converter to solve the problem but I failed.

Empty

So my laptop passed out that day, and my MP3 took up the responsibility to accompany me. I spent another few hours by having my meal, MP3-ing,writing diary, talking to my mom, playing with my phone and then watching people passing by desperately. To me, it was really one of those helpless moments in life.

Empty

There’s always the bright side opposing the dark one. Because of the loneliness, I threw myself some time to go into deeper thinking, which was totally uninterrupted. When the lights were turned off one by one ,slowly and inactively, I started rewinding my mind to look back at things I wished I could have thought of a solution.

Empty

Looking at myself, I’ve already passed the age to do things rebelliously and can still blame on my adolescence. I’ve already lost some opportunities to work on things I wished I could have done it at that very significant moment.Despite of all these failures in life, I’ve reached this far and accomplished more, especially on those things I would never expect myself to have the courage to begin with. I believe in sacrificing part of my life to fix a bigger part of my life, just like everything needs an opportunity cost in the world of economics, when balance isn’t the best way to harmonize life. The thing is, I have to accept my life for what I’ve been given, accept every decision made by myself and the others who tend to influence my life. Because I don’t live alone,and my life is chained to someone else. Because I only hold half of myself, and let go the other half, to tolerate the intolerable people and things.

Empty

Back to the real world, people sitting beside me kept on changing, until there were few left.We were sitting in the same boat,I could see that they were dying for their next flight as well, just like the pathetic me . Then I entertained myself by walking around in the empty airport when all shops were closed.

Empty

It was a special night.Of course,I'm thinking it from the bright side to make me say this. Hey,at least I took some photos of the empty airport to share with some of you whom haven been put into the same shoes. Empty airport can be quite cool to see for a first timer like me. Empty airport wasn't scary itself, but the self-haunting thought made it scary.

What a sleepless night I had !

No comments:

Post a Comment