July 23, 2005

Choral Speaking..

I think it was a bit amazing and suprising that I'll enter a choral speaking competition,somemore a inter-school's one.I can only say that it's a bit "wu da wu zhuang" for me to join the competition,because at first I did not tend to join that.Despite our class lost in the school's choral speaking competition,some of my classmates including me were chosen to join the competition.We went through the audition and I didn't even know that I was going to the audition only after the whole thing ended.Haih...big mistake!I was very worried with my performance because I realised that it's one of my biggest weaknesses.I knew that I couldn't be any better than that....I tried to learn face expressions and memorize the poem in only few days.I really worried I'll influence the others performance and damaging the team...I think I did mention in my first blog that I'm very bad in choral speaking and I often get comments on that..
Then one week past with practises everyday for a few hours.We really put much effort on it despite it's our first time to join this competition.I was happy to work with them although it was only 4 days.I kept on asking the other team members to comment on my performance so that I can improve immediately since we've not much time left.Many exhilariting moments have been shared throughout the practises...xD and our conductor,amira is really funny!! She did not put pressure on us but she always makes us laugh and enjoy .She's really great,althought teacher did say something bad but I still listen to her and only her.xD I was also busy borrowing prefect's uniform from everywhere,I think I've asked at least 10 people.All of us were supposed to wear prefect's uniform on that day.Finally I got one from the form 3...wondering whether I could fit in annot...
Yesterday was the competition.We were extremely nervous but still trying to do our best and keep calm until the performance ends.I wasn't very nervous because I knew that once I did that,I'll be forgetting all the actions and poem as well.Before the competition I went to the PBSM meeting..then I went home with winney.We were chit-chatting and eating our lunch before we bathed and go to school again.I was really in horror when I couldn't fit in the skirt which I borrowed and I was panicked.I didnt know who to borrow because half more hour we are leaving school to the competition......Really thanks to all the other such as shal,hsiu ping,mani,winney,margaret,malini and so much more.They helped me to go round and round searching a suitable skirt for me to wear.Finally at the very last moment I got a skirt on me...phew!!I was thinking to quit before that because of not getting a right skirt!Thank god I still managed to enter the competition at last.
We were the third to perform.There were all together 13 teams participated in this competition.It was held in Subang parade.xD We were quite crazy when we got there,and it's just amazing to see a bunch of red maniacs using the esculator and all you could see was only sri amanians in two rows wearing the prefect's uniform and amira who was wearing the red coat outside...xD!!Right before the performance,our teacher Pn santira gathered us and gave us last instrution on what to do and amira who was teaching us what to do later and asked us not to be panicked.Because we are going to put on a good show..that's the only thing we could do to ensure our hard work was paid.deng deng deng deng....Then we got up the stage and started the whole thing which we did numerous times in the poem.I was glad that we managed to perform everything which was planned and practised earlier,all the actions without forgetting the poem because we always paused during practising.xD whoaaaaa.....finally the thing was over and we jumped and screamed after we left the stage,aha,that's how sri amanians behave when they're too hyper.I was happy for not forgetting my part because teacher changed my position a day before...!!xDI didn;t watch another 12 teams but I went to mcd's and hang around.Then when the emcee annouced that we got 2nd,we all jumped off the chairs and...xD hugging each other!We really worked very hard and it was tiring .xD We got a big trophy,rm1000 and a certificate for each member.xD Whoaaa....
That was a really great experience and I changed my impression on choral speaking,well just slightly.I'm glad to know more great friends through joining this competition.Most importantly,I know I can do it if I really want to do it and it just requests some hard work and a bit of confidence...I knew I didn't have much confidence inmyself before that and even know just gained a bit more only.I've to do my best because we are performing in assembly tomorrow...xD yeah,coming back with all the pleasure and honour!!Just hope that the rm1000 won't go to the school,but don't think there'll be with us either.And I'm having fever right after the competition until know...feel dizzy and tired always.But still,not to forget here are some people which I would like to thank:
here's the list of people:
Winney:really want to thank you because you helped me a lot in catching up the poem and teaching me what to do so that I'm not so blur.xD and encourage me,helping me until the very last second...Thanks a lot peep!!
Margaret,Shal,Hsiu Ping,Mani:You all are really great people to work with..xD always put up a good show and helping each other.Thanks for all the effort!!
Amira:Whoaa,you're a great conductor,xD aha,I'll only listen to your instruction,don't worry and I could only see you when we were performing,thanks for all your guidance to make me better.
Valerie:yes,must not forget to thank val for giving comments and also came to watch the competition,Xd thanks for supporting and all the compliments!!You're great too!!
Hidayah,Eileen,the form 3 junior,Amirah:thanks for borrowing me the uniform,tie and skirt.xD U all helped me to enter because I wouldn't have managed to get on stage without the uniform.hehe...
All team members: Thanks for all the hard work and we did it.Xd should celebrate in some other day.
Pn suhafna,Ms thana:Thanks for coming,both of u are my teachersxD,english and est.Thanks for coming to support us.Thank you
Pn santira:Thanks for your guidance and xD hard work.Thank you teacher.I'm happy that we did it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment