August 30, 2011

能够见证你们每个人的幸福,让我觉得很有意义


One of the reasons I enjoyed this summer so much was because of the introductory sessions to all my good friends’ partners. Val, Win, El, and I used to be the foursome in Chinese club during high school and we’ve been strengthening our bonds by going through a lot of things together, both good and bad. Thus, it is a significant moment to me to witness people who mean so much to them, just like how our friendship means to me. Because we know each other’s love stories in all these years so well, we definitely understand the pain of broken promises and unfated love, and that makes everyone’s happiness an important daily prayer to us.



Val and I used to create the lists of our ideal boyfriend while walking back home from school. Although we demand for different qualities from a guy, we never really change the things that we look for all these years. I think God heard her prayer and sent Bernard to her, a person that I believe can complete her. What’s even more rare is that he fulfills all the things she ever looks for, making me believe that he is the right one for her. Seeing them together for 4 years and hearing about their marriage plan make me anticipate even more for the next 4 years to come.

‘Don't let people make you believe you have to settle for "good enough", cuz "just right" does exist :)’

Thank you for all the things that you’ve told me, especially when you share your happiness with me by being a part of it, I really take my heart for all these details.



Even though there’s an issue that we seldom talk about, I truly understand all of your concern about my love life, especially when 3 of you are having a stable relationship but only me. I know, that you guys are trying to make me feel comfortable by cutting these conversations out of the table and sharing me things that would rejoice my feeling. You guys want me to have faith in myself for the right guy ahead, along with all the good things that await me.I feel rather touched by all the kind consideration and support, and it’s been a while since I last talked about love, mainly because I don’t consider 'loveless' as a problem in my life. When I think about all the breakdowns I went through whenever I had a love problem, I begin to believe that staying single is the best choice for me now. I’d rather conquer loneliness than depress, just because I cannot take another shock anymore, both mentally and metabolically, neither can I bare the pain and restructure my life for another time. If being single was my destiny, then I’ve long accepted it already, thus there’s nothing to be worried or sad about.



However, there’s one thing that I need you guys to know, I sincerely value the way we support each other when something goes wrong in our love life, because you guys make me understand an important lesson, that we all find a new life through moving on, and I’ve found evidence from you guys. As much as you guys want me to be happy, I’d pray for the same thing to happen to you guys as well. I'm glad that all of you have found the person that you should treasure and are happier than before, because that's what matters the most, people would only know how to treasure triumph after undergoing pain. No, we ain't talking about the ideal guy lists or any fan girl fantasy anymore, the touchable and sensible serendipity I see from you guys makes me feel blessed and I can ask no more than that. Also, the tremendous changes we all have gone through in 10 these years never fail to amaze me, everyone’s life just gets shuffled for the better.

你们的幸福,在任何时候都对我很重要,所以不要为我而感到心疼,因为能够见证你们每个人的幸福,让我觉得很有意义。

Luckily, I still have these precious smiles with me despite the storms and rains, there’ll never be a day that I’m love-deprived when I have you guys. =) And this, is always my wish for you guys.