December 02, 2009

This is a hard time for me.

me

I was re- arranging my photos the other day, and I found out the difference between my previous look and recent look.I felt like I went through a transformation because my face used to be so chubby at the beginning of 2009, and it took less than a year to lose that baby fats naturally. I think my face has never been this slim before ;the V-shape is so obvious when I smile nowadays.

NOOO.

I swear that fat loss was unintended, because I did not tie my stomach tight to slim my face.I have long accepted the fact that my face was chubby and it could hardly be changed. Thanks to the hectic workload and never-ending essay assignments, I accomplished something that I could barely achieve when I attempted to- slim face. And I’m definitely not exaggerating when I say my face is the first body part that shows the extra fats when I gain weight, now you get what I mean.

But, but, but…..

I’m not feeling very happy either. I started to understand how Eileen feels when she says she is losing weight even though she carries out a regular diet, because that is what happening to me now. But again, lacking of sleep is devastating, and what I eat can’t even compensate with the loss of sleep. If you asked me how horrible this term is, that's how it goes:

-Staying outside for more than 12 hours for lectures, group meetings, labs and tutorials. Going back home at 11 or 12 a.m is not impossible.

- Weekends are not meant to be slacking time anymore.3-4 hours of group meetings on Sunday is very common.

- Waking up at 5 or 6 a.m to study or finish assignments is not impossible, when you have 25 essays to write in 13 weeks.

-Having 2 midterms on the same day is very common, and the best way for me is to skip class on that day to squeeze out some studying time.

- Skipping lunch or dinner is not impossible, because sometimes I hit the sack right away after reaching home.



068

I went through another transition stage; from grumbling a lot on the workload, till I do everything quietly and automatically because I don’t know what should I say about it anymore. Because I’m running out of time, I’d rather save most of the energy as an input to produce more works.

There was once when I was sobbing while talking to Atlee gg about my group mates who left me with almost the entire project to complete with.When I found out, I had to finish the draft 2 hours before the due date on my own, and only one of the guys helped me on the latter part. There was another time when tears fell down quietly while I was doing my English essay at 5 morning, grasping the advices my English professor gave me. Stress is far beyond the word to describe my life.

But again, they taught me on the cruelty of life, if you’re not good enough, you’ll be knocked out. I accepted the cruelty, but that doesn’t mean that I won’t strive hard to survive in university. I will cry, but that also means that I will rebound after that.It is just another fall which will be followed by a rise. So, don’t worry about me, I’m not a walking skeleton, my weight has not dropped to 30+, and I still get a few hours of sleep every day.

See, I still have time to blog for you guys !

Of course, this is a hard time for me,but it will be over after final exams. Let’s pray for my last battle,I thank you in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment