September 17, 2009

My Hero's Big Day

One of the highlights before my summer break ended fell on the 30th August, when we decided to have a pre-birthday party for my dad this year, in conjunction with his 60’s.



Something special about this celebration was that we made it on a Sunday afternoon, when everyone was in the hype of a long weekend and fully relaxed for a small reunion among the relatives for a good catch up. It all took place in Negeri Sembilan, which is also my dad’s hometown.



Dad was 40 years old when I was born, and he was already a successful businessman at that time, at another peak of his life. Many people say, it was my sheer luck to have been born in a family like this, having no worries for financial burden or being left in a dilemma of family break-ups. I definitely have no doubt on that, because what they said was true.



I travelled to Switzerland with my family when I was 9, when the flight passenger seat was twice my size, when I was slightly higher than the luggages. First time of visiting a snow mountain, first time visiting a western country, first time eating chocolate unstoppably, so many first-time experiences took place because of the breadwinner in my family, all because of his effort that widened my tiny eyes when I was only 9. He taught me through exploration, instead of verbal education.



When I was 10, dad brought me to look up everywhere for Monopoly, mall after mall, Toy’R’us after Toy’R’us just because of my adolescence and super-want-it kinda face, and the Monopoly costs a hundred bucks at that time. Despite of the spoilt-brat I used to be, I learnt something from there, that dad did his best to give us what we wanted, besides what we really needed.



Until I was 17, I went on a youth exchange to visit Japan for 3 weeks. I extremely wanted this golden opportunity and this decision maker in the house didn’t object it. Because of his generosity, I gained one of the most precious experiences in my life.

‘Love is giving a chance to the person you love to achieve her dream.’




These are just some trivial stories out of the large pool of things he did for me, until I feel so grateful for him because things had no way to occur if it wasn't because of him.And true enough,the only thing I can promise him is to live good, take charge of my own life and don’t regret. He wants me to succeed in life, in a way that I’m comfortable with it but not fulfilling his desires. He wants me to be happy, and probably establish my own family in future.



Dear daddy,

Do worry less about me as I should really be responsible with myself, decide on my future and work on it.Although I always have you, mom and Js' support, I realized I should take the initiative to explore the world and tell you the answer, the answer which will make a difference in my life.

I’m always grateful that mom and you held my hands and brought me to this world, because being part of the family is the most blissful thing, a bliss that I couldn’t imagine what would happen without it. Therefore, I’ve always wanted you to live good, be happy and enjoy every bit of your life for now. Go for trips without worrying us, stop working too hard and chill more, and maybe chat with me a little longer next time? You're usually always quiet and that makes our conversations really short, including the time I called back to wish him on his birthday, it only took 56 seconds for the entire call. However, I promise, I will improve my talk and understand you more, know your past stories and just you.

I’m lucky, I feel blessed. And I really want you to share my achievements in life with you.

谢谢你教我学会了中文,
谢谢你让我进女校,
谢谢你令我明白世界之大,成绩之小,
谢谢你给我的一切,一切。

Happy 60th my hero, an everlasting one.

Love,
Mun.

No comments:

Post a Comment