June 24, 2009

The greatest achievement in my cooking life so far

I went to Lian's place for a sleepover just few weeks ago. We decided to cook our own dinner.

No, it wasn't a simple one or anything like fried egg with rice. We did everything by ourselves, from menu, to grocery shopping till the entire cooking process, all by ourselves.

I've never cooked a heavy meal like this before, because I'm too pampered by my mom's cooking. Even back to those days in Canada, I would only cook 1 dish for a meal since I was the only one eating it, so no point cooking so much for leftover right?

Our end products.It took us nearly 3 hours to cook it.


A lot of my friends say I love cooking,that's because I think it's a must-learn skill in life. I certainly won't enjoy eating outside for 3 times straight everyday, I would want to try out something that suits my appetite of that day. Furthermore, I feel girls just need to learn cooking, not to prepare themselves as a housewife in future, but to equip themselves with an useful skill which will be important when they're out of the house, out of the comfortable kingdom.

Lastly,as a future food scientist, I definitely need to learn the healthy way of cooking and eating for myself.

=) Shower me with comments on the dishes just by their looks, I'll be appreciating all these comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment