June 16, 2009

Bangkok Escapade Part 1

God knows how long have I procrastinated on blogging but I’m glad that I’m dropping a few words here again.

PART 1 : SIGHTSEEING

My Bangkok trip with Susie just ended last Friday and we both had a blast like how we promised it.As planned, we spent 70% of our time on shopping and the other 30% for sightseeing, since we both know that it’s we’re more inclined into shopping than sightseeing given the time constraint. Good thing is, our ground package also included a half-day tour on the second day, which fitted so much to our desires.

Bangkok’s temples are a pleasure to discover, because they’re either the biggest or tallest that I’ve seen in life. To top that up, most of the temples have very unique and splendorous designs. Take Wat Arun as an example, it’s a tower-like temple with layers and layers of Buddha statues coating the tower.



The Standing Buddha is quite impressive but unfortunately it’s under renovation the time I was there, sort of distracting my mood for massive photo capturing.


I broke another record in this trip, which was taking the shortest and cheapest boat ride ever. It only took a negligible 1 minute to go across the river, and only at 3 Baht (~ RM 0.30)

1 minute –just enough for 2 photos! How did I know that?

Because I never had the chance to take another one down after capturing a photograph for my friend, and then another one for myself. By that time, we’ve already reached our destination.

PART 2: SHOPPING

I can roughly understand why girls love shopping in Bangkok after looking at the price and design. That’s because Bangkok is deservingly, truly a shopping paradise. It’s one of those rare places where you can spend like nobody’s business and buy as much as possible to dress up yourself. Call me a big spender but I believe not much people can resist a pair of ballerina shoes for 100 Baht (~RM 10) and dresses at the price of 200 Baht (~RM 20).

CAN YOU?? CAN YOU?? They’re just some pretty and attractive to me.


We shopped everyday at Pratunam Market and Platinum Fashion Mall which were just a 3-minute walk from our hotel. Both of them are located in Pratunam which is basically a wholesale market area. It was really the so-called ‘shop till drop’ type of shopping style because we shopped everyday, even until the last day, until the last few hours of our stay in Bangkok, WE SHOPPED.

The only question to ask ourselves before heading to bed everynight is to ‘buy or not buy’; just that easy.


Oh well, at least I got to taste the feeling of sleeping on rows of new clothes and shoes. That was a moment of satisfaction!

No comments:

Post a Comment