February 25, 2009

A is not what matters the most, M matters more.

I've totally changed my studying method to see if it would work better on me. What I'm currently practising is to take a nap after lectures, and start revising till midnight. It has been effective so far, I guess part of its effectiveness is also due to consistent study since I've midterm everyweek, I became good friends with my dear books. It's not as pathetic as it may sound, and I'm not really suffering from the tension and peer pressure. Peer pressure is not a big deal to me at all, what matters more is when my mom and friends start to worry about my health condition, I promise that I will maintain a well-balanced life with fun-filled days and work-out days. I always feel lucky to have parents giving me the biggest freedom and flexibility on my academic performance. They will worry if I stayed up late mugging for exams and asked me to sleep.
They never force me to be on the cream of crops, despite they used to be top scorers in school.They always tell me 'it's ok, as long as you pass.'

Even my sis says ' Go have fun with friends besides studying.'

I didn't know I was such a dead mugger who knew nothing better than studying.

Also,I didn't understand why wouldn't they force me to excel like other kids do?

Today,I got the answer for myself. Because they love me more than my sheets and sheets of results.They won't remember how many A's I scored in previous exams, but they remember how I strived hard and squeezed every bit of myself to accomplish it.

A is not what matters the most to them, M is what matters. Mun and me.

Some friends say, I live my life for my parents and based on their expectations. In other words, they think I'm lifeless and do best as a studying machine.The fact is, they impose no rules on me and thus where comes the expectation? I'm the one restricting myself to go over boundaries and keep myself to my own sets of principals and obligations. I'm the one who chose to sleep less to mug, so don't put the blame on my parents. If they were to be so selfish, I won't end up coming to Vancouver ,to be honest.

In a nutshell, I believe no one can force you to study hard if you didn't intend to.
Obviously,everyone feels the pressure ,the important thing is to make things work out the way you want them to be. If you just aim for a pass, then it's enough to get a 51%. I won't look down upon you because I think your interesting life experiences will make a 150%. Also, I understand everyone gains happiness through different sources, you don't need a 100% on Sciences to make you happy.

I sometimes will lower down my expectations if I think I'm weak at that subject too, and work according to my ability. I never force myself to hit 99% when I know that I can barely hit 80%. I don't have a mega brain for everything.It's not that I don't try to make miracles to happen, but I certainly don't want to sacrifice all my time to make it happen.

I need a life.

Just like last term, when I got 97% for Chemistry in midterm, I started looking at the 3% loss and thought ' awh, 3 more marks to a perfect score.' I hate it when I say that,because we will never be satisfied with what we have if we think that way. That's why I'm much more flexible and let go my marks this term. Also, I think I should start creating more crazy experiences as a 20-year-old.Since I'll start to age soon,it's necessary to live my life youthfully now.Of course, failing would be the last option,as I'm keeping a balance between fun and work.

I'm that kind of person who will be satisfied scoring a 70-80%, even a passing mark makes me feel happy once in a while.I'm even more excited when my dad and mom smile on my results. What I need are not materials and golds, but it's very important to give me that little push to keep running and continue on my endeavours.

Once in a while, mom will say ' Nevermind, just keep on working until you get it.'

The last time when I mentally broke down, dad said ' Don't have to be sad at all, you are good enough.'

Even Atlee gg said 'You can do it.'

What they're educating me is not the marks-based system, but it's the love-based system. This is how a family's bond is covalently strong.

F=Father
A=And
M=Mother
I=I
L=Love
Y=You

I know some people may not agree with my studying method. Well, it's ok. Do what you think is the best for you, as I think I've established my own module and survival skills. At least I'm now a better player of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment