February 09, 2009

Free hugs, anyone?



'Sometimes, a hug is all that we need. Free Hugs is the real life controversial story of Juan Mann, a man whose sole mission was to reach out and hug a stranger put a smile on their face.

In this age of social-disconnection most all of us lack that simple human touch from another, the effects of the Free Hugs Campaign are now felt around the globe.

As this simple gesture of kindness and hope spread across the city, police and officials ordered the Free Hugs Campaign BANNED. What we then witnessed was the true spirit of humanity as people came together in what can only be described as something awe inspiring.

In the spirit of the Free Hugs Campaign please pass this video to a friend and HUG a stranger! After all, you CAN make a difference.'

I feel relieved with the existence of these loving souls in this world.

I never had the habit of hugging someone since young.Only till 2 years back, when friends started to leave one by one and they hugged me. At that moment, I really felt the warmth in them which was beyond description. A hug that can support you and gives you what's more than words can mean, yet it's magical enough to light up the rest of your day. A hug may not make a significant contribution to the world economically and scientifically, but its social impact is always overwhelming. Living in this jungle of concreted buildings, I'm losing my human touch and part of humanity, that I begin to qualm to myself ' how much more pure innocence and sympathy am I left with?' Why do we become so skeptical and yet saying how open-minded and caring we've turned to?

Since then,I've learnt to hug, to share my body warmth with another person.I learnt to hug my good friends and my pet just like how I would pat myself and say ' Yea. You're not alone, it's time to move on.'

=) Since Friendship week (14th-21th Feb) is coming,go make a small contribution and spread the contagious 'disease' around. Show them how vital they are and how much they mean to you.

So free hugs, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment