February 01, 2009

The fifth year

I read through some posts I wrote a few years back and recollected some opinions I once had.I still agree with most of the points I've made, just that I've also slightly 'modified' my perceptions on certain things as time goes by.

4 years ago, I was utterly disappointed on some friends who stepped on my shoulder and betrayed our friendships for their desires.

Today, I feel there's no eternity in this world. I learnt to avoid saying 'forever' when I realised that's not an appropriate word that could be used to express my concern to them , what can I guarantee to them when I know I have no forever? Seriously, life's too short to stuff in all the revengeful things people have done to me. If they're happy with it and it's harmless to me, I'll just let it go and eventually erase it from my mind.People plant flowers to make friendships blossom, I leave scars for some friendships that are motive-based and shouldn't have begun at the first place.

'There's no eternity because I don't fantasize.'

3 years ago, I said, 'Things change, people change'. I felt sad over the ones I couldn't hold them close enough to myself.

Today, I still stick to the thought that things change, people change. It's a human cycle which will eventually happen to us that we need time to grapse the dilemma we've been put into. Everything happens for a reason, so I have to find a way to go over things when they start to collapse. It's hard to change a person, so I try to look it from another angle to comprehend all these things that happened to me. When a person wants to leave you, he/she leave, it's not a matter whether my effort to stop them is great enough or not, but it's the power to stop someone to stay by my side is lacking in me.It's the truth that pulls me back to the reality . If they are happy, then I will let go.

'When they want to leave, they will leave.'

2.5 years ago, I didn't understand the meaning of true love.

Today, this confusion still remains unresolved . However, it seems to not be a big deal to me anymore, because I believe there are people who are better off to stay alone and spread their love to the others. Except for having a good relationship, my life is almost perfect and happy with the bunch of agile souls surrounding me, from a lovely family, supportive friends, cute pet, good university right to doing the things I've always wanted to try, I can't think of any regrets I have in my life at this moment. I've been showered with lots of love and care from them already that I have the confidence to handle my life well.

' Treat myself better and enjoy life happily.'

1 year ago, my one big dream was to become a musician and live in a world of orchestra and piano.

Today, the musical dream continues but not the priority in my life. I still play piano and go for musical performances to free myself from the noisy and fast-paced world. I'm still proud with my passion and patience to continue with my interest. Also, it's a satisfaction to keep my piano skills as part of my pocessions. Life's good when you've found something you really love and could go on with it till the end of your life.I think , piano has come to that stage in my life, and I know my future career will be another one because my future career defines my interest. I don't dig a hole and force myself to fall into it to become one of those who can swim in the large pool of money in future if I have no love for the course, and therefore future job.

' Do what I love and what I'm capable of doing.'


This year,

Here I stand, being a 20-year-old.I'm waiting for more inspirations to come, meanwhile sustaining my past.

No comments:

Post a Comment