May 12, 2013

Seattle trip Part 2


Frankly speaking, I did not perform a thorough research on Seattle before my trip because we just booked the trip 3 days before departing. So I decided to go spontaneous and relaxing this time, realizing that the person next to me is what matters the most for this trip. As much as I wanted to join my friends for the tulip festival at Harrison, I decided to turn down the offer and support his rare travel enthusiasm.

Kareshi is a typical libra and he kept asking about the places I wanted to go throughout the trip and he would just accompany me to anywhere I go. Fortunately we had a map in hand and we relied on it so much, besides wifi because I obtained all of the useful travel information from tripadvisor.

Speaking about my encounter with Chihuly Garden and Glass, it was very spontaneous too! I only knew about its existence when finding my way to Space Needle. The moment I saw the official website, I knew this was absolutely the place for me! It's a small glass museum located near space needle, and the entrance ticket can be combined with Space Needle at $33. Seriously, this place is a diamond in the rough, the colour of these glass sculptures totally won my heart and earned my money deservingly. As much as I was amazed by the glass art, I was also impressed by  the staffs professionalism on things that were beyond their duties. One of them even assisted us on the best photography angle and took gorgeous pictures for us.


See?? I'm not lying to you at all!



We also went up to the observation deck of Space Needle but I wasn't mesmerized by the view at all. Really, I regretted it because I thought the above view could be found in K.L effortlessly.

Nah show you a 2-in-1 photo in line with the 2-in-1 ticket.

Being slightly disappointed with what the view has to offer, I have a general good impression on the services. I have to say, they are quite good at capturing visitors' heart. Both Chihuly and Space Needle have this free photo-taking service whereby the staff takes a photo of you and hands out a card or a paper slip with a barcode. You can then view your picture at the specialized photo booths and have it sent to your e-mail for free. I like the idea of adding services to customers instead of focusing on the intention of commercializing every service provided. The cost may have been incorporated in the ticket but I generally feel happier that way because they don't ask for more from me.On top of that, I get the photo and card as souvenir.


End the day with a 'cheesy' dinner at the cheesecake factory, I could smell, taste and see cheese throughout my meal. I had four-cheese pasta as main course, as if I didn't have enough cheese in my meal, the waiter went on asking if I needed extra cheese topping =_= .

Since the restaurant name is CHEESECAKE factory and it's not available in Vancouver, there's just no reason to leave without having a piece of cheesecake. We ordered 2 slices to take out and continued our cheesy meal at the hotel.

Ah~~the meal was so American, especially the food portion and ingredients. My sweet tooth was being fed satisfactorily.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 I also planned to have a spontaneous trip~~~=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. =) Haha it's good to have no plans once in a while. Enjoy the spontaneity!

      Delete
  3. Hey ..it's been ages since u updated ur blog ! Hehe..I m so glad finally u hav ur little holiday after so having hectic work for so long ..u deserve it ! Btw, now I m only able to see ur kareshi face properly ...lol..u both look good together ! Rmb to introduce to me if there is a chance ..hehehhe :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you buddy, I'm sure there'll be a chance =) I really like my life now, it's more balance and relaxing.

      Delete
  4. Great photos!!! Just started reading your blog again and it's great to catch up on your life this way since timing can be a pain at times. Send my best to your sweet boy! Lots of love to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. =) Thanks darling! Your vegan recipes never fail to impress me every time and they keep motivate me to work towards a healthier lifestyle , thanks for sharing ;)

      Delete