July 11, 2009

Japanese hate iPhone

So I recently stumbled upon the article on'Why the Japanese hate the iPhone'.

Source:http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2009/02/why-the-iphone/

Some of you must be thinking, what the heck??? Many of us are cracking our heads to get one, while it becomes so cheap in Japan, some even for free (bond to a contract).

And what's more agitating is that:

Cellphones are also more of a fashion accessory in Japan than in the United States, according to Daiji Hirata, chief financial officer of News2u Corporation and creator of Japan’s first wireless LAN, who spoke to Wired.com in June 2008.

So that would suggest that in Japan, carrying around an iPhone — a nearly year-old handset compared to the very latest Japanese cellphones — could make you look pretty lame.

It came no surprise to me after witnessing some of the high-end phones in Japan, which are way more 'canggih' than I could have imagined it, as a phone.

Japanese phones have all it takes to become a superior phone, you know I'm not joking right?

Let me show you my point.

Appealing designs and colours.

(Source:http://www.itechnews.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/softbank-sharp-dm002sh-disney-cinderella-phone.jpg)

Phone that provides an 8 Megapixel camera.


Not to mention the chips inserted into some phones to be used as debit cards and train passes.

(Source:Credit to:http://analytica1st.com/analytica1st/img/mobile_suica.jpg)

From what I learnt during my Japan trip, Japanese are fond of clamshell phones (flip phones) than flat phones since flipping the phone is one of the Japanese girls' hobbies from what I see. Seriously, I've seen them flipping,closing, then flip again, close again on the train (Densha) eventhough the phone is not vibrating or ringing, so I assume they must be liking this action in order to do it so frequently.

I can even understand why 90% of them don't use MSN or e-mail, that's because phone is their everything, without phone they are nothing.Let alone the texting and calling services, Japanese use their phones to watch TV, online, read novel,pay for subway fares,buy from convenient store.

PHONE IS REALLY THEIR EVERYTHING.

I have used a Japanese phone before, and I pretty much understand how impressive the phone is, with the high-end colour display, super clear camera even if it's just a 3.2 Megapixel phone, and not to mention its design and colour.It makes you feel good about what you have, and can't stop flipping the phone like the Japanese girls do.(=P Opps)

Okay I'm exaggerating on that, but that's how amazing their phones are.

Also,there's one thing that keeps me wondering is that,

How come the Japanese phone makers can come up with a phone with so many unique colours while the other makers can't?


(Source:http://www.cameraphonesplaza.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/sony-ericsson-s001-another-cell-phone-for-japan-03.jpg)

Why though?

But with all these already-advanced-mobile-phones-technologies,really, who needs an iPhone in Japan?

I wouldn't need one.

Opps.Forgot to mention, if I were in Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment