August 13, 2008

In a crave for Beijing Olympic

I took ferry to my sister's house in Vung Tao yesterday. Vung Tao is 125km from Ho Chi Minh city(HCMC), about 90 minutes of ferry ride from HCMC.It is unsymmetric to Saigon's lifestyle, what makes it attractive is its vibrant culture, with a number of temples, churches and statues footed on the island. There is a Giant Jesus on top of the small mountain, offering a panaromic view to the surrounding landscape.


One of my daily must-do activities is to switch on the television and start searching for live telecast for any Beijing Olympic games, it's sad to note that there aren't much choices to choose from, let alone the live telecast ones, it's difficult enough to find a nice game to watch.

I mean, they have 50 over channels but just not more than 2 channels which show olympic games.


I can't help but to yell to myself, WHERE IS THE CHANNEL FOR BEIJING OLYMPIC BADMINTON????




So I decided to countdown for the days I'm going home for ASTRO Super Sports which set up 10 channels exclusively for Beijing Olympic games.It's for sure that I'll look up for the programme list for Badminton matches repeats.

One thing that will never stop is my never-ending search these few days for the Olympic medal countboard to look for the latest result.I hope our national team will end the gold drought this time, especially for the Badminton and Archery teams, though it's not the first time they claim that our team is at the peak point of getting one. Let's just have a glimpse of hope on them, who lift up high morale in participating.Speaking about the result, I'm very impressed with US's superb swimmer, Michael Phelps who made his fifth gold in the Beijing Olympic and breaking a few world records.The record-breaking 23-year-old is now 3 golds away from his quest of 8 gold medals.Out of the 10 golds US achieved, half of them were from Phelps.This result shocked me a lot, and raised my salutation towards this talented athlete.



Otherwise, my Vietnam trip will be a perfectly ideal trip. It would mean touring in the afternoon and late evenings ,and catching a few matches at home.

Of course, perfection doesn't come often.

I will say, my trip is as good as my past ones. The important element to make up a good trip is present, as I'm enjoying my good times here, be it going to the supermarket, sipping the coffee Sua Da, trying out the local fast-food are just plain pleasure for a relaxing vacation.Perhaps,I'm observing the culture through the usual daily practises apart from snapping a few photos on the splendid view of the island.

No comments:

Post a Comment