May 14, 2008

A letter from Japan

Yesterday, I spotted something unusual on the table of living room. Moving a few steps closer, I saw a Japanese postal stamp glued on the right hand corner of the envelope.

At first thought, I assumed it was from my hostel family .


However, I was proven wrong later while I read through the sender's details.The letter was posted from Kansai, Yui's place. Yui, the Japanese youth exchange participant I served 2 years back actually sent us a letter as a token of appreciation for our hospitality throughout her entire stay.

There was one moment where I started reminiscing those good times we had with Yui while touring KL and other hot spots with her. It was really exciting as I was the daily translator between my family and Yui. My sister even teased me on my Japanese language competence whenever she sees Yui's face expression reacting to my Japanese

Much had happened the 2 weeks she was in my house. I'm touched to the fact that she remembers this experience and politely claims that it was one of her best times in life. She had her first time traveling overseas and I had my first time making a Japanese friend, a mutual connection we have for each other.

Ahhh... seems like my wish list has been added with one more desire, I'm gonna save more money in future to tour around for my distant friends. Japan, is still one of my favourite countries, and Japanese, is the community I'm impressed on its culture's diversity,let alone the vibrance of the city.

Friendship can be bonded as pure and simple like this. We don't stay with each other regularly, but it's the path we once went through that steal our emotions for every of our reminiscent on them.

Thank you for your letter, Yui !

No comments:

Post a Comment