May 24, 2008

The Forgotten Hero

I was about to make Kaya toast this evening, while my dad was eating porridge in the kitchen.

While I was spreading the Kaya over the bread, my dad came closer and asked:

爸爸:这罐加央还没过期的吗?
我: 嗯,这罐是妈妈刚新买的。
爸爸:小心一点,免得吃到肚子痛。
我:嗯,好。

Then he slowly walked off.It was a very short moment of my dad and I, but worth a million times more than it takes. This was something extraordinary from my dad, I whispered to myself.

To me, my dad is a silent thinker who does not reveal much about himself, be it his feelings or concerns, especially in front of his children.He repeats the same daily routine, which mainly is a switch among his career,family and frequent exercises.
Such acts never make me think that I'm sympathetic for being neglected or not getting enough attention because I understand the fact that this is his style of being a father, a responsible father who silently works hard behind his daughters.
Living under the same roof since my birth and the blood bond definitely bring us some similarities, being passionate on the same interests, from the food we like until the sports we support.


This is my father, the true hero that deserves my salutation for the entire life.


I once heard an interesting conversation about the forgotten heroes-fathers, how their children position them at different level of maturity as well as the stage of life they're placed in. When we were young, most of us worshiped our father to an
extent that they could bring down our dreams for us, father is the God in existence,who equips us mentally,educationally,financially. They are the role model for us to imitate,a philosopher who educates us a lot of theories in life, a supporter who truly appreciates your decisions.

As our age rises, we gain more exposure from other sources, starting to know those superheroes on screen, from Superman, Batman, Spiderman who instill the Heroes ideology in us, we begin our journey to adore these superheroes, who either wear extraordinary apparels or have uncommon features. We barely think ,
because everything they do seem to be so cool to us, young adolescent kids.
Days after days our life is shadowed with more of them, we buy t-shirts with these superheroes' image printed, video tapes to re-watch and re-watch the favourite scene of ours, toys to accompany us all the time. They have the unusual power which surpass our father, most of us thought. They have cool gadgets to play along with, we tend to think.Something start to miss out when we're indulged in this new company in our life and someone's being forgotten. We tend to spend lesser time playing around with our father.

Father has slowly become the forgotten and silent hero.

This forgotten hero never gave up and continuously provided his children with what they like, because he believed it was a satisfaction to have the ability to give.
He carried out with his daily routine and bought toys regularly for his children, brought them out for vacation,because in his eyes children' excitement would be a great achievement to him as a father. He never asked directly about his daughters' results, but he chose to support behind them, because between effort and performance, he chose effort. He just wanted his children to stay happy besides hiding heads in between of books. He wanted his children to stay healthy besides involving in various outdoor activities.


This is my father, the true hero that deserves my salutation for the entire life.


My father started from zero and gained everything using his brain and a pair of hands. Many of them see the sweet glamorous achievements under his endeavours, not a hundred people have witnessed the bumpy roads he went through with my mother. I got to know it later when my mom shared my dad's life experiences with me.I see it happening, that's why I'm always impressed on you, my hero.Being an earnest businessman, his intelligence brings him profitable trades.Being a father, he never fails to become my role model, I simply adore the morale support and million-cents worth of advices he gives.As an experienced teller, he sees the picture more clearly and therefore can jump out of the box for better suggestions.He doesn't pin-point the solutions, but he leaves hints for me to find out the answer, the suitable answer for myself. He doesn't talk much, but he'll still silently support us in his own way.

I love my father for many reasons, not solely being a filial daughter. I receive a lot of important pieces from him, that it will be indefinite for me to repay.
I'm feeling grateful to this forgotten hero, for all he has done and given.
It's something I only manage to understand as I grow older, that he is the most
down-to-earth, rational and loving hero on earth.

He doesn't have Batman mobile for me to drive, but he bought a Myvi which is just nice for a fresh driver like me.
My house is not as big as half of Tony Stark's, but bed is still where I find the warmth and thank in heart for this comfortable house of mine.
Compared to Spiderman, I'm not as ambitious but dad, you always care for me for who I am, but not what I can do to make you proud.

Dear father, you always earn my respect and never-ending support. If I succeeded in my future, most of the reasons it's because of you and mom,both of your existence that allow me to continue walking towards my dream. I'm always proud to have inherited some of your traits, your genes, that the next time I think of you, I can always see it in myself, because you'll always be there. I'm feeling contented.

This is my father, the true hero that deserves my salutation for the entire life.

For a lot of reasons, I very much love this forgotten hero, who'll always rank first among other heroes.

No comments:

Post a Comment