March 21, 2008

I'm Missing You--------> My long hair!

I clearly remember my friends' shocking faces when they first seen my new short hairstyle last year.A lot of curiousity,excitement and comments received upon my new look.I didn't know I could make a big fuss by changing a new hairstyle until the day came.

Some questions asked by them were funny, until I started wondering the precise reason for my action.Am I hoping for a new change? Or just plainly bored with my already-kept-for-5-years-long hair? I think the answer is much more favourable for the first one. I had completed my secondary school,an interval between secondary and Pre-U studies.I was keeping long hair all these while and being very pampered by the feeling of having something silky and straight sweeping on my back all the time.
I believe part of my excitement on keeping long hair also comes from the restriction to keep it during primary school,and therefore I wanted to keep it immediately after primary school.The same feeling appeared after I left high school,but just this time,the feeling shifted to keep short hair.Being uncertain about the new studying environment, I decided to have some changes within myself before heading to bigger changes.Furthermore, it would be my first time having male classmates after the long long 5 years, which injected me this thought to keep my hair short- neater and easier for me since having the ostentaciousness on long hair has never really matter much to me. Without much procrastination, I stepped into the saloon and

"The moment I cut my hair has already indicated the new point of my life."

I felt relieved that the outcome wasn't as bad as I thought. Life as a short hair girl is pretty much easier, especially shown on the bathing time and usage of shampoo. Without long hair, I could finish bathing in just 8 minutes,including washing the short hair of mine. I use shorter time to comb my hair, which is a plus for me when I was in a rush for morning classes.




I received a lot of comments on my short hair, fortunately most of it were positive ones.Because of my short hair, I suddenly have celebrity's face, that's something amazing I suppose, because a person's look will change accordingly to his/her hairstyle. Some say I look like Hebe in taiwanese group,S.H.E, minority agreed that I look like "xiao yu" in Jay Chou hot-selling movie "The Secret", some also came up with Rainie Yang etcetera. I'm quite emotionless about it, but luckily those girls mentioned are prettier than me lah,XD I'm contented to be compared to them already, despite most of them might be flattering.

There were times when I regretted on my courage, that was usually the time when I started telling myself " How nice if I didn't cut my hair, then I could have tied it up or curl it already?" The feeling rushed up on my mind sometimes when I saw my long-haired female buddies changing their hairstyles, which made me feel indulged. That's why at the same time,I'll tell myself "Maybe one day you'll have them as well",which was more to self-comforting.

My short hair diary is coming to an end, as I'll be keeping long hair again.
This experience is very satisfying to me, and I really feel the need to have unnecessary things to pop up in life to lead life exuberantly. I wouldn't know the result without trying it,just like cutting my hair,right? If I were to dissolve all my thoughts, I think Pui Mun is seriously a bored-to-death person to be with,not to mention that she's already dull enough to stay with.

I hope that the same confidence can be applied into different aspects of my life, to create my small simple world,and slowly adapt myself to the bigger and much more complicated world.

I miss you,my long hair, =) hopefully to have you back one day!

* I love both types, short hair and long hair!*

No comments:

Post a Comment