May 24, 2014

Lovely Sunday: White Rock

The Rain God has been very kind to me recently, He decided to give me a break from the rain and shower me with lots of sunny love instead. Thanks to his generosity, I had a short road trip with my friends last Sunday, to a place which took about 45 minutes of driving from Burnaby- White Rock.

White Rock is a small peaceful seaside community lying within the Metro Vancouver district. It is quite underpopulated with approximately 18,000 residents, but the low population density makes it relaxing and ideal for weekend getaway.

The first thing we saw upon reaching was the wide stretch of beach along the seaside. It definitely helps to boost up the 'vacation feel' instantly.

I will let my pictures do the rest of the talking. :) This beauty is just way beyond verbal description.



Basically, the sea side is the main attraction of this small town. The beach is wide and spacious, you don't feel pressured even when there are many people. To me, it's also a good picnic place or weekend leisure walk for family and couples. 




There is a rail road beside the beach, :) making it a unique place for photography. Shipping trains pass by it few times a day, carrying tonnes of goods and I just happened to catch one during my visit! *feeling lucky*

 I even caught sea gulls lining up for photos, perhaps they were just waiting to be in frame eh! *chuckles*




Opposite the waterfront is a row of restaurants and souvenir shops. We picked a local seafood favourite for our lunch. Seafood there was pretty cheap considering the portion, $7 for a Fish & Chips combo. I'm not a fan of Fish & Chips but the food taste and price well deserve a recommendation! Don't forget to check out Moby 的鸡鸡 (according to the funny Kareshi) next time you set foot on White Rock.


No comments:

Post a Comment