May 02, 2014

Friday date: Granville Island

Hello folks!

Last Friday was another Friday date for baby and I. With the presence of warmer weather in Vancouver, we could stay outdoor longer and hop around more places leisurely. Without hesitation, I picked Granville Island for our afternoon walk.

Compared to other islands, Granville Island is relatively smaller piece of land sitting in the heart of Downtown. Because of its convenient assess from Downtown, there's always a huge crowd in the island during weekends and technically, any sunny weather. Vancouverites know exactly where to head to whenever they see the sun!

I don't like huge crowd and long line ups, so going there on a weekday sounds like a perfect plan for me. It allows me to capture the peaceful side of Granville Island.






One thing that keeps me visiting Granville Island repeatedly has to be the crafty boutique in there!

You get to find many small and cute things here, from ancient seal stamps, postcards to vintage hats! Seriously, I can wander around these small shops for the whole afternoon just because of the fun things I can find here. A lot of the things are also unique, most of the time Granville Island is the only place I can ever see them. That just makes window shopping a fun experience here.


Many shops also have contemporary settings, creating a comfortable shopping atmosphere for customers to wander around.


I skipped the beer tasting this time, tried it with my friends on my last visit here and it was quite a unique experience. There were 8 brewery selections and we picked 6 different brews altogether.  The brews came in 4oz glasses to leave some space in your stomach to try all 6 types.

Each of them had pretty distinct taste and flavour, from bitter to sweet.There was also a tasting map on the table which explained each type and their flavour to help us better understand the beer flavour profiles.

The tasters were quite cheap too, 3 cups of 4oz for $6! :) I would definitely recommend this to anyone who's visiting there!


:) That was another lovely Friday, how I wish every Friday stays awesome like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment