October 30, 2008

Cooking time!

I've been cooking a lot since I came to Vancouver, self-creating some recipes during free time.

I'm glad to have met some awesome housemates who cook quite frequent as well, so we sometimes cook together while chit-chatting.I build better friendship with them through cooking, mainly because our meals are usually quite different. They can have salad whereas I have fried rice for dinner. This difference allows us to create more topics for conversation.

Cooking can be quite fun at times, from the process of choosing menu and ingredients till the cooking part finally arrives, I don't feel it's time-consuming to have spent 1-1.5 hour for cooking per day, since I will usually cook for my dinner only.
However, I've only tried on a few simple dishes so far, haven really attempted on those difficult ones. Of course, those are meant to be reserved,at least after I enhance my cooking skills.*I miss Mom's cooking*


Here are some of the pictures.

Tom Yum Potato Fried Rice

Sausage+Egg Fried Rice

Tom Yum Noodles

My all time favourite-Potatoes+Chicken

Fried Potatoes with Omelette


I prefer cooking at uni residence than my previous place because I have much more flexibility here. Previously,I often skipped cooking meals to not interrupt the family dinner time of my house owner. It's either I cook extremely early or skip it.
However, this no longer happens anymore.=)

There was one day when I was cooking instant noodle, and 1 female housemate of mine with 2 other guys from the next door came to cook at the same time. Then we started chit-chatting about the instant noodles since they have never seen Maggi Asam Laksa flavour before. Then we expanded our conversation to casual things like Asians, countries and Westerners etcetera.

See, cooking makes people talk more !

Coming Up Next: Halloween Party

No comments:

Post a Comment