January 21, 2010

Oh, I found my song!



I'm not a fan of Beatles, but somehow I'm quite familiar with their songs because those were the songs my mom used to listen and sing when I was young. Their songs are classic, because it takes what a good song needs to be, to be remembered and sung by the millions of hearts. Of course, I'd rather listen to Beatles all day long than Lady Gaga's.Listening to those meaningless lyrics like 'Rah rah ah-ah-ah!Ro mah ro-mah-mah Gaga Ooh-la-la!' seriously makes me sweat three times.

But today,I found an interesting song to resemble my name. I've come across with a Beatles's song, called 'Michelle', I'm just surprised that I didn't know it (I know I should have known it earlier).So I clicked on it and started listening, it shares the common style Beatles's songs have-simple melody, easy-to-remember lyrics,so it's easy to follow up with the music.

I'm always proud of my name(Michelle),because it has the same initial as my chinese name(Mun). I think it's important to keep up with the pride , so that it makes you feel comfortable when someone calls you by your name.Then I made some effort to look up the meaning of my name over the internet.Surprisingly,Michelle means 'like God?', so the word Michelle is popularly understood to have a strong linkage with God. (He he.Now you know you shouldn't mess with the wrong person.)

But my all-time favourites are always 'Yesterday', 'Hey Jude', and 'I wanna hold your hands'. Odd but I'm very sure that these are the songs that I will remember for the rest of my life.These are the songs that I'll hum when I sit down quietly one day and not knowing what to do.These are the ones that will pop up my head first.I think that's why the word 'legendary' is crowned on them, because it only takes a while to remember their songs, but since then there'll always be a place in heart for songs as such.



Oh, I believe in yesterday.

But I also believe in tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment